Advanced Booking Questions . . .

Have a couple quick questions for all you experts!

In the past we have booked cruises within 5/6 weeks of departure . . .so have used the RC credit card Royal Points just for onboard credit. However, I was thinking this year I would book in advance . . . so . . .

1. Can I wait to redeem the points certificate and apply the credit right before the final payment is due?? Do I need to indicate at time of booking that I intend to use the points?

2. Can I combine the Royal Points with the RC Savings Certificate?

3. What type of fares are not eligible for a price-drop credit IF the fare should go down?

Thanks for your help --

I will try to answer your questions,

You do not have to tell them you are going to redeem points at the time you book.

You need to redeem them before final payment within 6 months of obtaining them so they do not expire.

Yes you can use points and Saving Certificates, but not combine Certificates with on board credits or Balcony discounts. Your points however can be combined with the other discounts.

As far as I know there aren't any restrictions on the fares, but if you have used points towards your fares and then request a price adjustment, they will lower the value of your points (I had this happen, but the gain overall was worth it).

Hope this helps:)

Have a couple quick questions for all you experts!

In the past we have booked cruises within 5/6 weeks of departure . . .so have used the RC credit card Royal Points just for onboard credit. However, I was thinking this year I would book in advance . . . so . . .

1. Can I redeem the points certificate and apply the credit right before the final payment is due?? Do I need to indicate at time of booking that I intend to use the points?--

First are you booking direct or through a T.A.?

I'm assuming you mean to use your points for a discount on the price of the cruise. Is this right? If so, You'll need to call the 800 # on your card to tell them that's what you want to do. They will send you "Certificats" to fill out and return. You need to allow 6 to 8 weeks for this to take place. (even though it usually only takes a couple or 3 weeks.) Once you send them back your credit card, if you have already paid, will be credited. If you haven't paid, your invoice will be reduced.

What "jst" said about your points expiring in 6 months isn't exactly right. Your points you accumulate are good for several years. Once you get the Certificates from the Bank, they are only good for 6 months to get them back to the bank. Hope This is clear.

2. Can I combine the Royal Points with the RC Savings Certificate?--

Yes, the discount you get from the points is actually "Bank of America" paying for part of your cruise.

3. What type of fares are not eligible for a price-drop credit IF the fare should go down?--

Your "Points Discount" again is paid by Bank of America, so is not effected by any other drops, discounts, etc.

Hope This Helps.

Archived