case of water

We brought a collapsable soft sided cooler in our luggage in one of our carry ons to Fort Lauderdale. We filled it with a 12 pack of Mt Dew and 18 water bottles and checked the cooler along with our luggage curbside with the porters and nothing was said. It arrived intact around 1:30.

P.S. Rum Runners made it through also.

We have a pre-night and our luggage will be taken from the hotel I believe sometime during the night, and we will be taken to the pier by a RCCL bus the next morning. If we put a case of water with the luggage clearly marked with name, deck, stateroom #, etc., will we have a problem?

Has anyone recently taken a case of water onboard Oasis? If so, did you carry yourself, or did it go with your luggage? I've been reading on general RCCL posts that they aren't allowing?

We had a 12 pack of pop and a 12 pack of ware we walked on with,these are not banned items.

I bring a 20" folding duffle bag (got it a Walmart) with me. When we arrive in Florida we stopped at Publix and got a 12 pack of water and 2 eight packs of caffiene free diet coke. Unfolded the duffle and put them in attached one of our pre printed luggage tags and checked them with the porter. We were on the 2-6 cruise and had no problems.

On the 2-27-10 cruise we just handed it to the porter and it was clearly marked....In a box and I wrote on the box what it was and they were welcome to open it. No problem at all. As long as it is not the banned alchol then no problem. We do know how to get that on board and we did !!! Enjoy it is a fabulous cruise we are still talking about it ! Hope Richard Spacey is still on as Cruise Director...you will be assured a great time ! He is due to get off soon....High energy and lots of fun.

Thanks for the responses and reassurances. I was only asked because members were claiming (at least on others RC ships) that they weren't allowed to take their water onboard, either by carrying themselves or through the porters. 44 days & counting!

Yes....a 12 pack of pepsi......6 bottles of water...and 12 packages of pineapple juice.......all handed to the porter and made it on board by 12 30. Also the rum runners made it through. We had the bar in our room !!

And where were the rum runners..:)

Packed in the luggage with all my cosmetics. They ALWAYS make it on board. Mixed with the soda, and the pineapple juice we handed to the porter we enjoyed our drinks at the pool and elsewhere. We also purchased some drinks and purchased one soda package. We had a $320 bill at the end. We enjoyed some drinks as well just did not need to go overboard...lol. I did notice they were really pushing the drinks. Heard a lot of people complaining about their bill Saturday in the a.m.

Archived