Bringing liquor on-board

lvdave

I'm taking my first Azamara cruise next month and I'm a little confused about what the policy will be regarding bringing a bottle of liquor on board. Th Azamara web site still says it is not allowed, yet I see on here that you can bring liquor, beer or wine on board for consumption in your stateroom.

Which is it? I'd sure like to be able to enjoy a martini in my stateroom once in a while.

Thanks.

I'm taking my first Azamara cruise next month and I'm a little confused about what the policy will be regarding bringing a bottle of liquor on board. Th Azamara web site still says it is not allowed, yet I see on here that you can bring liquor, beer or wine on board for consumption in your stateroom.

Which is it? I'd sure like to be able to enjoy a martini in my stateroom once in a while.

Thanks.

Sailing next month also and we were wondering the same thing. My TA is looking into it and I will post the answer she was given.

Hi Everyone !

Last I heard, you can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard. It's important to mention that Azamara is rolling out some new items, effective April 1st, so it's possible this policy may be relaxed.

If I hear anything further, I will post it here.

Thanks.

Just got off the phone with my TA who just got off the phone with Azamara. The person doubled checked with her supervisor and indeed the policy has changed.

There is NO limit to the quanity that you may take on board for private consumption. If you bring a bottle of wine into a public area it is subject to a $10.00 corkage fee. They joked about it being ok if someone wheeled a dollie aboard with cases of liquor.

Just got off the phone with my TA who just got off the phone with Azamara. The person doubled checked with her supervisor and indeed the policy has changed.

There is NO limit to the quanity that you may take on board for private consumption. If you bring a bottle of wine into a public area it is subject to a $10.00 corkage fee. They joked about it being ok if someone wheeled a dollie aboard with cases of liquor.

Kini12, Thanks for getting the straight scoop. This is a great policy change and I hope other cruise lines follow suit.

Also, the $10 corkage fee is much more reasonable than the previous $25.

That's quite an improvement over how Celebrity handles it. And the corkage fee is reasonable, too.

Hi - just clarifying - we're also sailing on Azamara next month for the first time.. Do you know if we can bring both wine and spirits on board - or is it just wine ?

thanks

Therese

If you are legal age you can bring anything--wine, liquor, beer, etc.--onboard. Any lost bar revenue Azamara may incur is, of course, built into the new pricing. It's nice to see a cruise line treat its passengers as responsible adult guests.

Archived