taxis and luggage

iluv2vacation

We are cruising out of Miami but flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. We are a group of 9 (kids and adults). What do you recommend for transfers? Should we just take 2 taxis? If we do, i'm concerned our luggage wouldn't fit in a taxi (yes, I'm an overpacker!) Or do you suggest a hiring a fan? It would $150 each way if we took that route. Help!

We are cruising out of Miami but flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. We are a group of 9 (kids and adults). What do you recommend for transfers? Should we just take 2 taxis? If we do, i'm concerned our luggage wouldn't fit in a taxi (yes, I'm an overpacker!) Or do you suggest a hiring a fan? It would $150 each way if we took that route. Help!

A taxi from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami will be in the range of $60 to $75 plus tip each way so you are still looking at the same price range.

Try Limos of Miami. http://www.limosofmiami.com I found out about them on this board. After searching for recommendations I called numerous limo companies, taxi services, rental agencies, and shuttle companies. They were $100+ cheaper than anyone else, but more importantly, they were reliable, punctual, and courteous. The price they quoted included everything: fare, tips, tolls, parking charges, etc. and they charged exactly as quoted.

I just returned home yesterday from our cruise. We had 12 travelers, 6 adults and 6 minors, and lots of luggage (believe me, we too are dreadful overpackers!) We flew into FLL airport and sailed the Navigator of the Seas from Miami. Their driver John drove us each leg of our three trips: he picked us up at FLL airport on Friday and took us to our hotel, returned the next morning and took us to the port of Miami, and then picked us up the following Saturday and delivered us all to FLL airport. They used a black stretch Excursion and had no problem accomodating us and our luggage. The service provided was excellent, and I would not hesitate to use them again.

That web site scared me just a little...thought I was going to get adult pop ups after seeing the words EXOTICS....lol....here it just meant exotic cars/limos I guess! Thanks for the heads up for another limo company. We've used http://www.larryslimos.com several times and had great dependable service as well.

Our family of five (lots of luggage too!) need transport from West Palm to Miami Beach Wyndham and then on the way home after the cruise four adults and six kids and luggage. Hoping I can find a real deal.

Still looking into renting a van from PBI to Miami, but figuring out drop off spot and how to get to the Wyndham is complicated. Thinking a limo overall might be best and just a little more than the van.

Archived