Empress of the Seas

travel12

Years ago I took a cruise on the former Song of America, which became Airtours Sunbird. Are there any readers who have taken cruises on the old Song of America , and the newly named Empress of the Seas. If so, how do the cabin sizes of both ships compare? I keep hearing about the small cabin sizes of the Empress. The only thing that I can compare to are the cabins on the Song of America. I hope there is someone out there who has sailed on both either as the Song of America / Sunbird amd the Nordic Empress/ Empress of the Seas who can help me.

Thanks,

Brenda

I was on the Song of Norway which probably had about the same size rooms as the America. It was a real long time ago, but they are probably similar although I think the bathroom may be a small bit larger on the Empress which probably means the room as a whole is. :)

Yes! Song of America and Song of Norway! Now that was a while back and you're right....the cabins are similar. We've been on the Empress three times and the fourth will be in March and it really is not that bad. We've had wonderful cruises every time.

Hi Mckieclan: What year were you on the Sunbird? We sailed her on 2 consecutive years...2000 and 2001. We had a great waiter by the name of Jake,and the wine steward was known as Snake.

Did you know that the Sunbird is now Thomson Tour's Destiny?

Brenda

• 3 weeks later...

Archived