Sadly have to cancel - cabin 767 opening up for July cruise

Olive

We booked this cruise the very first day you could make reservations with PG Cruises but sadly will have to put off the lovely South Pacific honeymoon until next summer thanks to work and babysitting issues. Our loss is someone's gain though, as we were really excited about the fabulous cabin 767 and I'm sure someone else will be, too. We love aft cabins in general and this one is smack in the middle. As soon as my TA calls back we will have officially vacated the cabin and someone else can move into it. Please enjoy! Keep it in good shape for us while we wait our turn! This is for the July 13th 11 night itinerary.

sorry you had to cancel your trip, hope that you are able to reschedule. Have you ever seen cabin 767? From the deck plan it looks bigger with bigger balcony than other C class cabins. The 7 day PG cruise will be our first ever and I am just now trying to learn about cabins. I hear the middle makes for less seasickness than either end (we don't tend to be seasick but we also haven't spent much time on boats), that the rear cabins can have beautiful views but also be more noisy. All tips are welcome.

We've never stayed aft on the PG, have mostly stuck to low, mid-ship cabins for the precise reason you mentioned, motion sickness issues. But last time we did a deck 8 forward butler cabin, and had no problems with motion. Then again, our trip was remarkably calm, despite having sea days out in the open ocean.

My only question about the aft cabins would be the smoke from the stack--there is lots of smoke that regularly gets emitted from that stack. Of course this would only be a particularly aft issue when underway. I have noticed smoke issues a bit on the La Palette outdoor area (aft) at these times. I'm sensitive to fumes myself. Not certain this is a real problem, just wondering about it.

I just found out from our travel agent we have been assigned 730 on the port side, so we'll start with the middle Although I'd prefer starboard, I've read in this forum that on the cruise we are taking it doesn't matter and I'm debating if it's worth it to try to get it changed.

Thanks for the feedback.

It really does not matter as both sides have different advantages. When you are docked in Raiatea you will be looking out over the city. When you hanging on the anchor in Taha'a your cabin will be facing the Motu Mahana. (bring binoculars)

We have always loved the aft cabins - great view! There are some photos somewhere on the Regent board of this specific cabin from when I posted a question while we were trying to choose where to stay on board. This particular cabin is a bit larger and has a bigger balcony than the others in the same category, although it has a shower only, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding aft cabins, they're prized by many cruisers regardless which ship they're on. While aboard last year, we met all the people whose cabins were back there. Half complained of noise, the other half didn't hear a thing. Go figure. Be sure to check the cabin dimensions online as the aft cabins appear to have different sizes.

I can't comment on the mid ship cabins. I've only been in forward cabins 704, and booked another forward 702 for my upcoming trip. I prefer very quiet and was not disappointed. I also believe cabin location may not be as important on the PG as it is on other ships.

We're fortunate here on Cruise Critic to have posters who have sailed multiple times. Perhaps they can chime in on their cabin experience.

Archived