8448 wrap VS. 9206 mini suite

rpouls

OK - after reviewing many, many posts, I decided to change my cabin from 9206 to 8448 on the Liberty.

We've had 8448 on the Valor twice, and absolutely loved the wrap around balcony.

When I booked our cruise yesterday, the special pricing gave us a suite (9206) for only $30 pp more - so I thought, why not? But after reading many reviews, and considering the different options, I was able to switch back today and get 8448 again.

I'll miss the extra cabin room, as well as the separate dressing area (never had a suite), but I was having great difficulty with the small balcony.

Especially since several posts here said that other people on deck could not only view your balcony, but see inside your cabin as well (9206). Also, heavy winds on sailing days.

So, thanks to all who responded to my original post - you helped me make the right decision!

Now, all I have to do is count down the days . . .

OK - after reviewing many, many posts, I decided to change my cabin from 9206 to 8448 on the Liberty.

We've had 8448 on the Valor twice, and absolutely loved the wrap around balcony.

When I booked our cruise yesterday, the special pricing gave us a suite (9206) for only $30 pp more - so I thought, why not? But after reading many reviews, and considering the different options, I was able to switch back today and get 8448 again.

I'll miss the extra cabin room, as well as the separate dressing area (never had a suite), but I was having great difficulty with the small balcony.

Especially since several posts here said that other people on deck could not only view your balcony, but see inside your cabin as well (9206). Also, heavy winds on sailing days.

So, thanks to all who responded to my original post - you helped me make the right decision!

Now, all I have to do is count down the days . . .

I was on Valor 9205 and will make a post about it. It was much better than what I expected after reading the reviews.

We booked a balcony guarantee & received our assignment - the aft wrap on the starboard side 8455 (I think this is the same cabin as 8448) for our April sailing on the Valor. Just wondering for those who have has these cabins, did you notice noise from the LIdo? We are excited to have our first aft cabin. :)

We booked a balcony guarantee & received our assignment - the aft wrap on the starboard side 8455 (I think this is the same cabin as 8448) for our April sailing on the Valor. Just wondering for those who have has these cabins, did you notice noise from the LIdo? We are excited to have our first aft cabin. :)

We had a comparable aft wrap on Victory (8428). There was occasional chair scraping noise early in the morning, but no other noise. It certainly wasn't bothersome enough to keep us from booking another deck 8 aft wrap - the balcony is awesome.:cool:

While we didn't have a wrap, we were in 8450 on Liberty and didn't notice any noise from Lido the whole week.

• 5 weeks later...
I have 8448 booked starting tomorrow on Liberty, another party in our group has 9206, I'll take photos and compare. I am just excited for the wrap around balcony as I have heard only good things about it.

Didja take any pics:confused::confused:.

Would love to see them:D:D.

• 1 month later...

DSC_0241-1.jpg

Hi all and we are Lisa and Gary LoneStarCruisinCouple from you guessed it Sugar Land,Texas. This is a photo of our 8448 on The Splendor in port at Puerto Vallarta. Was nice other than the noise coming from the Lido Deck early in the mornings as they were putting out Loungers for the day. We are sailing on Liberty 9/4/10, Hi Pittsburghgirle and thanks for your stopping by our posts and we are in 7440 Aft Wrap on Empress Deck as to get away from the noise. Wish that I would of had a better lens as to do justice to the photo. The Balcony is huge and we had 35 folks out on it during our Cabin Crawl. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. So to all of you I wish Fun For All And All For Fun Loco's On The Liberty Loungin"Laughin"Lovin"In The Caribbean September 4-11 2010 a Bon Voyage and smooth sailings. Lisa and Gary:)

Archived