Pride review Jan 9,2004 sailing...

TRACE

The Pride definately has a following doesn't it??

Diane: Yes, shuttles & Taxis go into the ground level of the Parking Garage to load & unload. Porters are there. Once you head out towards the Queen Mary &/or Pride... we saw signs pointing towards Queen Mary saying "early check-in" At early check in there is a waiting area... After my roomate smoked... and we had to buy tickets in order to get back on board... we did the self guided tour. (cheapest) we walked around the Queen Mary took photos with Pride in background, etc until around noon. we then just walked over to the dome and got in line. I remember MarkLodi mentioning the Newspaper machines for early checkins, so we just stood there. There was probably 2 or 300 people in front of us, so YES... we were close to the front. :)

Karaoke was different & fun for us ... we have never done that. Also, the talent show was cool, the bedtime story... awwwww heck... everything was special & fun!!!

Pandora: LOL... Thank God it wasnt just us... some people are sooooo jealous...she was just mad she wasn't going...:)

Zonemasconi: Sorry I have no pics online. But I have checked out webshots in the past. Marklodi &, I believe, Sweetcharlotte30(?) took several and has them posted. I took over 250 photos... is there a particular photo or 2 your interested in? send me your email and will search my database.... I have them rotating on my screensaver right now...

We did the show/shopping & beach excursion in Mazatlan. The resort was Los Sabalos full use of the resort amenities. Pool, Hot tubs, There was a live Mariachi type band next to the pool. also watched "poolboys" take you to lounge chairs on the beach... clean it off... put down your towel... bring you a drink, etc. will let them do that for us next year! :) They fed us a great Authentic Mexican meal which is where I took the photos of the disco, Cabanas, and vendors... from our table... OOOOOOOHHHHHHH I cant wait to go back there! :) they also gave us 2 complimentary drinks. This place was great!

Trace, really appreciate your hard work and time for bringing this review to us! I have a couple of questions:

1. Were the excursions you went on Carnival ones?

2. Was this your first cruise? This will be our first, and I'm kind of nervous. Any more tips for us first timers?

Thanks again, and the pictures are fantastic! You've done CC proud!

SHAWILSON: Thanks very much... my pleasure. It's been fun!

Yes, these were carnival excursions...yes, we were fiirst time cruisers...

Couple things come to mind for advice:

1) Bring lots of 10's, 5's & 1's for your cash. not 20's or 50's

2) Remove half the clothes from your luggage... you will buy things to wear...

3) If doing 2 excursions... plan that the first one will run late...

4) Have fun... REMEMBER the MOMENT when you realize your on vacation.

5) RELAX & LET LOOSE... it's gonna be allright... afterall... your on VACATION!!!!

LoveBugFamily - would love to hear about your cruise when you return. I'm taking my 5 year old son so I'd be especially interested in what your 4 and 6 year olds enjoyed the most.

If you have the time when you return, please email me at DianeNJUSA@aol.com when you return. We are going on May 8th.

Thanks,

Diane

Trace, Just looked at your webshots... looked like you and Jim had a lot of fun! I was thinking of getting the Bon Voyage gift for embarkation, but the pictures of the shirt and hats and other gifts were not included in the pkg i looked at... is there a different pkg you got? Please let me know where to get these as I would like to have them waiting for us too. Thanks... Rick

Rick: OhNo.... it wasnt a package... everything was purchased seperately... 2 ballcaps, 2 sweatshirths, 2 tshirts, 2 choc ship, also ordered the Birtday Decorations & medium priced floral arrangement and a small vanilla cake. couple hundred...little less actually...

Trace,

Thanks for taking the time to post your photos. We leave on the pride on Feb. 20 and cannot wait! I was initially worried about the weather this time of year, but it looks like it must always be sunny in Mexico.

I still don't quite understand the check in process. Does early check in at the QM cost extra and does it really buy you anything?

We will be staying Saturday night in LA and I'm not sure when to arrive at the port to minimize the standing in line (early or late?).

Fire6: I can relate to your feelings about weather... I found this site months ago, and found it very helpful! scroll all the way down to bottom and can click on the 10 day forecast for each city. this site is really cool, I like to go there on Sundays just to see the Long Beach cam :)

http://www.hansenshideaway.com/cruise/pride.html

Just a note... the cabo live cam... The ship sits in that general area on fridays...I remember looking for the Blue umbrellas on the beach, but of course... they werent the only blue umbrellas... looking from the ship its resort after resort along the beach... it's Beautiful!!!

Early checkin costs nothing... we encountered a difficult QM employee who made us go buy tickets in order to return on the ship once we stepped off so Jim could smoke a cigarette...

Trace -

Thanks for the review and pictures! It looks like you had a great time!! DH and I leave for the Pride in a week and your review (especially info on early check-in - I hope we don't run in to that most "helpful" employee on the Queen Mary!) was very helpful!

Krista

I saw on the site about the Pride that there are resorts that allow

guests to use their facilites at a cost.

Does anyone now if this is still allowed? What resorts are best?

How much per person? Can this be booked without going thru cruise line.

Great! We are really looking forward to the ride and relaxing at Victor's. We are taking our two boys (age 6 & 7) - Don't worry, they're well behaved and always supervised.

Robert & Christy

Robert & Christy,

It should be a lot of fun. I am traveling with my girlfriends, leaving my husband and kids at home. We are traveling with a bigger group (http://www.parrotheadcruise.com). From what I have heard about Randi's kids have a great time.

Jen

Robert & Christy,

It should be a lot of fun. I am traveling with my girlfriends, leaving my husband and kids at home. We are traveling with a bigger group (www.parrotheadcruise.com). From what I have heard about Randi's kids have a great time.

Jen

I warned my Wife there was a wild group booked on our cruise - She looked worrried until I told her it was a bunch of parrot heads.... Now she's really excited! She's also a parrot head...

Can't wait for April 3rd.

:D trace - Your pix were nice, its nice to see what people wear to gauge the weather (though it is supposed to be nice for us next week) I'm especially glad you had a picture of your husband at a .25 video poker machine. That is what I like to play and I coudn't find anywhere that told the types of slots they had because I wanted my video poker! Thanks for that! Now I know they have my favorite game :D 3 days for me!!!

I warned my Wife there was a wild group booked on our cruise - She looked worrried until I told her it was a bunch of parrot heads.... Now she's really excited! She's also a parrot head...

Can't wait for April 3rd.

We are having a pre-cruise party the night before that is open to anyone, here is the site with all the details.

http://www.parrotheadcruise.com/about/bonvoyage.htm

Email me if you have any questions, it is a great group.

Jen

jshabala@yahoo.com

sorry gang... but... what is a parrothead? :eek:

Simply put, Parrot Heads are fans of singer–songwriter Jimmy Buffett’s tropically influenced beach/rock/folk music. They know the words to all of his songs and the punch lines to all of his jokes. When Jimmy and the Coral Reefer Band come to town, parking lots are turned into beaches and cars become tiki bars. The yearly concert tour is a rite of summer passage for Parrot Heads that combines the best of Mardi Gras, Carnival, the Fourth of July, and a beach party.

Being a Parrot Head is also much more. For most Parrot Heads, there is a specific state of mind that comes with their condition. Age has nothing to do with it. Through his music and writings, Parrot Heads vicariously experience Jimmy’s lifestyle: the party, the ocean, the sunshine, and a relaxed sense of freedom are a part of it. And that freedom is most appealing, it allows us to express our feelings and creativity in whatever manner we choose and allows us to escape from the rat race to our own little tropical paradise, if only for a little while.

Parrot Heads are everywhere; you probably know a few and don’t even realize it. Parrot Heads are doctors, sales reps, lawyers, pilots, police officers, college students, computer programmers, grandparents, and maybe even your neighbor. And through their common interest in Jimmy Buffett’s music, this incredible gumbo of people from all walks of life is able to join together to support community causes in Buffett’s name.

Does that help?

Jen

Simply put, Parrot Heads are fans of singer–songwriter Jimmy Buffett’s tropically influenced beach/rock/folk music. They know the words to all of his songs and the punch lines to all of his jokes. When Jimmy

Jen

Oh, how funny - I did a google search to answer her question and was about to post the EXACT same response as your's - word-for-word.

:D

Archived