In Cozumel 1:00-10:00 - Chankanaab Doable?

JDCMN

We'll be arriving in Cozumel at 1:00 and had planned on going to Chankanaab simply to walk around (no snorkeling or dolphins, etc.).

I believe Chankanaab closes around 5:00 so do you think this would give us enough time to take advantage of what the park has to offer? (We had heard that a weaver and tortilla maker are exhibits on the walking path, plus maybe a short wade in the pool and a visit to the gift shop.)

Is Chankanaab doable in just a few hours?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

We'll be arriving in Cozumel at 1:00 and had planned on going to Chankanaab simply to walk around (no snorkeling or dolphins, etc.).

If you aren't going to snorkel of do the dolphin thing (which I hate), then you probably have enough time to do the rest of the stuff there. Don't forget to get the admission discount coupon ---> http://www.cozumelinsider.com/images/specials/ChankanaabCoupon.pdf

from http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches

I believe Chankanaab closes around 5:00 so do you think this would give us enough time to take advantage of what the park has to offer? (We had heard that a weaver and tortilla maker are exhibits on the walking path, plus maybe a short wade in the pool and a visit to the gift shop.)

When are your going? Out of where? If you're there before April 4th, and your ship's time is Eastern Daylight time, it'll only be 11AM in Cozumel when you arrive. After April 4th, it'll be 12 Noon. Allowing for the ship to tie up and the all clear signal to be given (30-45 minutes), and to get to Chankanaab (another 20 from the ship, down the pier and into a cab), you'll have 4-5 hours to visit there before 5 PM Cozumel time (6 or 7 PM ship time).

If you aren't going to snorkel of do the dolphin thing (which I hate), then you probably have enough time to do the rest of the stuff there. Don't forget to get the admission discount coupon ---> http://www.cozumelinsider.com/images/specials/ChankanaabCoupon.pdf

from www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches

Bruce-r, You are a wealth of information on this board and I appreciate your fast response! Good info too! :)

Thanks so much for the tip about the coupon and for sharing your vast knowledge!

When are your going? Out of where? If you're there before April 4th, and your ship's time is Eastern Daylight time, it'll only be 11AM in Cozumel when you arrive. After April 4th, it'll be 12 Noon. Allowing for the ship to tie up and the all clear signal to be given (30-45 minutes), and to get to Chankanaab (another 20 from the ship, down the pier and into a cab), you'll have 4-5 hours to visit there before 5 PM Cozumel time (6 or 7 PM ship time).

We'll be on the Imagination going out of Miami in December (yes, I'm planning way ahead! LOL). Great point about the time difference! So since we'll be setting the clocks back sometime in the fall, I guess Cozumel will be an hour behind the ship's time which will still give us a little extra buffer.

Thanks so much for mentioning this! I'm seeing Chankanaab in our future! :)

Archived