Special Diet

Woch2331

Due to recent surgery, I have to watch my diet and the types of food I eat. Overall, it's not too limiting, but I have to watch my intake of sugars and fats during my meals. Any information about requesting special foods or what Carnival can offer?

Mike

When booking your cruise, your booking agent should ask if there are any special dietary requirements. My Carnival PVP always asks me that question. It's mentioned in the Carnival brochures, as well. Just let them know.

Last year when we cruise the Glory, I was just 9 weeks post op from having gastric bypass surgery, which limits the amount of fats and sugars you can have without getting sick. I was very nervous going into the cruise about what I was going to eat, whether or not it would make me sick, etc. I was pleasantly surprised. Each night at dinner, our waiter would bring me fresh fruit as my appetizer or as my salad. They had a good choice of entrees that were appropriate, and they had sugar free desserts each night. I never came out of there thinking that I had missed something.

This year, I am 100 lbs lighter than I was this time last year, and have no qualms about what I will eat.

I don't know what kind of surgery you had, but I think you will have any problem finding something that will suit your needs.

Good luck.

Sawyer, on every menu, there are "spa selections", which are very good; basically LITE food, but seasoned well. There is always a sugar-free dessert listed, as well. As suggested above, you can always ask for fruit as appetizer or dessert.

If simply trying to eat healthier and lighter on a cruise, it CAN be done. I usually gain about 4 lbs. per cruise. In November, I actually lost a lb., but didn't deprive myself of anything I really wanted. I DID kinda stay away from the pizza so much tho.:rolleyes:

Did you have to request the special food items ahead of time or just ask your waiter? I really try very hard to limit my sugar intake but it's not because of any serious medical condition.

The dining room always has 2 special entrees, appetizers, and a dessert. One item is low in fat and the other is low in carbs. There is also low carb bread available. You won't have any problems and don't have to notify anyone in advance. You can view the menus first thing in the AM for each day or visit the purser's desk for a view of the entire week to find out if you should go to the dining room or hit the buffets.

You won't go hungry and there are plenty of choices.....

Have a great cruise!

Woch...congratulations on your weight loss....don't know about you, but this is one of the best things that I have ever done. Who new that last year at this time I was wearing a size 3 X or 24/26 and this year I am wearing a size 8......Can't wait til May....

Anyway, you shouldn't have any trouble...like I said before, I was only 9 weeks post op last year, and had no trouble...the only thing that bothered me at all was...a soup...I think it as a gumbo of some sort...it just had too much cream or fat or something...but nothing major...I even had a little pizza and no problem...

I should be able to enjoy most things at dinner, just have to be careful.

My biggest downfall is alcohol... I was a big beer drinker and that's all changed. Well, two things for sure, 1) My bar bill will be down (more money to gamble with!) and 2) I'll have more room in my suitcase. :)

Archived