Lounge chair hogs

true45

I just got into all this on my roll call thread...someone SUGGESTED that I get up early and reserve MY CHAIR! What is up with that? I told them I couldn't even sit on the machine at the gym during a rest period...let someone else use it while you're not. I really don't get it and I don't get why it's so hard for the attendants to move the stuff on unoccupied chairs 30 minutes empty your stuff gets moved to lost and found. I think it's the "it's all about me" some of us have that gene and some of us don't! Whew....Donna

A lot of people don't leave their things because they have no place else to leave them - they leave them to hold the chair for when the come back... later... maybe. If it was just for want of a place to put things, they could pile several people's stuff on one chair and leave the lounges free.

I think you just embarked on a Regent Caribbean cruise. The way Regent is suppose to handle this situation is to move belongings left for more than 1/2 hour. So, if you see seats that have "stuff" on it and it has been there for a while, let someone know and it will be removed. There is no excuse for chair hogging-- particularly not on a cruise ship with limited space. There generally enough space for those who wish to swim or sun bathe and then leave.

The other option is to remove all of the chairs. Put numbers on the back of the chairs, and when you want a chair, you go to an area on the deck that has the chairs stored. You sign out a chair and put it where you can. No one but you can set or lounge in the chair. If you leave for any amount of time, there should be some way to make note of where and what you are doing and how long you will be gone. Over the amount of time gone? then they remove your chair and your things.

But, that is too complicated for the ship and there would be all kinds of problems. So I guess the thing to do is do what everyone has been doing. There really is no answer. People are always going to be selfish and think only of themselves. I wonder how they react when someone treats them the way they treat other people. I bet they are the first to complain and cause an uproar.

Archived