Dream Cruise Jan 2010 -- Finally

tandemcruzr

Took a while to put it all together, but here is our short report on the Carnival Dream with a link to photos.

As most may know, it was colder than usual in January in Florida.

Embarkation was smooth except for having to get out of heavy coats, etc.

Staff was great -- cabin staff kept our collapsible cooler filled with ice daily and remembered our names from day one.

Waitstaff in the MDR remembered our names and ordering preferences from day one. We were late dining.

The only complaint we had about waitstaff was in the steakhouse restaurant with the wine steward. We ordered a wine we like, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive but he asks in a rather condescending tone "Have you really ever had this wine before?"

"Ummm, yes, and we enjoy it." We never saw him again. Wine was served by one of our delightful waitstaff.

We had no complaints about lines on Lido. We had light breakfasts and lunches. Found that the Tandoori Grill was open for breakfast with standard breakfast fare and it was my favorite for lunch.

Serenity was our favorite place to spend our outdoor time on board. (Other than our balcony.)

We enjoyed all ports. Cozumel may be our favorite since we have been there on both land and cruise vacations. Costa Maya is a close second. Next would be Isla Roatan, followed by Belize.

Debarkation was a snap -- not self assist.

Enjoy the pictures at the link below and feel free to ask questions.

http://picasaweb.google.com/waltm2/CarnivalDreamJanuary2010Cruise#

nice pictures...We were on Dream in Jan. We missed Costa Maya due to high winds...Enjoyed the other three ports..:rolleyes:

Yes, we weren't sure if we would make it when we saw the Pilot almost disappear in the heavy seas. Wind along the pier after we got off was exciting. :eek:

I've been thinking about a cruise on the dream for awhile and have been reading many threads. I do have one question about the spa area. Are the steam rooms and saunas co-ed or male only and female only. Also what about the spa area that you have access to by staying in a spa cabin. Thanks for your help.

Wow what great pics:D What did you shoot them with, and what (if any) did you edit them with? Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see those places again!!!:D

Thanks Zack -- Most are Panasonic DMC-ZS3. No editing except for in camera setting for 'sunrise/sunset.'

I've been thinking about a cruise on the dream for awhile and have been reading many threads. I do have one question about the spa area. Are the steam rooms and saunas co-ed or male only and female only. Also what about the spa area that you have access to by staying in a spa cabin. Thanks for your help.

Big-O -- We didn't visit the spa so I can't answer your questions. We did go the the fitness center and it was crowded early in the morning.

Thanks for the review. We're sailing in 7448 in a month. How did you enjoy it? Any complaints?

No complaints unless you want a sofa. Wouldn't work in this room. Big plus, actually 2: When you come in the door, there is an area between the door and the closet where you can store your bags without tucking them under the bed; and the balcony is extra long, giving you more room to stretch out.

Oh, and also, the bed faces out toward the windows for great morning/evening views.

No complaints unless you want a sofa. Wouldn't work in this room. Big plus, actually 2: When you come in the door, there is an area between the door and the closet where you can store your bags without tucking them under the bed; and the balcony is extra long, giving you more room to stretch out.

Oh, and also, the bed faces out toward the windows for great morning/evening views.

Awesome! Thanks! We're used to interior rooms, so I'm not worried about a sofa.

Loved your pics, thanks for sharing. We are almost at the 150 day mark before our sailing:cool:. Where did you stay in Port Canaveral? Did you find a place close by to purchase wine? Were there restaurants in walking distance?

Thanks for anything you can tell me.

We stayed at the Radisson in Port Canaveral. There is a restaurant next door, also one in the hotel. Don't know about wine since we drove and brought ours from home. The Radisson has a complimentary shuttle to and from the port. Only a 5 to 10 minute ride. Tip the driver because he works hard loading and unloading the baggage.

We stayed at the Radisson in Port Canaveral. There is a restaurant next door, also one in the hotel. Don't know about wine since we drove and brought ours from home. The Radisson has a complimentary shuttle to and from the port. Only a 5 to 10 minute ride. Tip the driver because he works hard loading and unloading the baggage.

I'm thinking of staying at the Radisson for a night. Do they charge you to leave your car there? What time does the shuttle take you to port?

Also, does anyone know how much it costs to leave your car at port?

I'm thinking of staying at the Radisson for a night. Do they charge you to leave your car there? What time does the shuttle take you to port?

Also, does anyone know how much it costs to leave your car at port?

Radisson doesn't charge for parking if you book the 'sleep, park, cruise' option.

You can sign up ahead of time for a seat on the shuttle. They start running around 10 - 10:30am about every half hour. You'll need to be checked out and in the lobby at least 10 minutes prior to shuttle departure.

Parking at the port is $15/day.

We booked the 'sleep, park, cruise' option and paid $139 plus taxes for 1 night in Jan. That also included a free breakfast the morning of departure. If you do the math, it is a great deal - parking plus breakfast plus a very comfortable room. Also great pool area and 'tiki bar.'

One think I forgot to mention is the cooking demo in the steakhouse restaurant on the first sea day. I think it was about 10:30am.

They demonstrated the preparation of 4 items - appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. The items were: Mushroom Cappuccino, Baby Leaf & Fresh Mushrooms, Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken and Tiramisu.

They prepare the dishes live, in front of you and give you a recipe for each course.

Best part is they have also prepared these dishes in the kitchen and give you a sample of each one. Kinda like a mid-morning snack or early lunch.

Archived