What hotel did you stay in near the Port of Long Beach ?

robin32470

We are flying in to Los Angeles the day before we cruise. I was advised the best option is to stay neat the port instead of near the Airport. Is this better ?

What are some decent hotels hear the port ? Looking to stay in an affordable range, nothing ritzy. Do these hotels offer free shuttle from LAX ? That would be awesome to not have to pay for a taxi to get there.

Thanks !!

Robin in Cincinnati, OH

We booked the Hyatt, 4 stars, on the big "P". I think we paid around $100. after we bid. The hotel is nice, clean and at the Convention Center, very near the cruise pier. There is a nice boardwalk right nearby with many restaurants and shops. I really like upscale hotels bid for low prices. This hotel was good, imo, but not the best I have ever stayed in. Good luck! Never pay full price.

We stayed at the Coast hotel. A short walk from the pier. Nice rooms with balconies, rate included buffet breakfast. You sign up for the shuttle to take you to the pier the day of the cruise. Long Beach has a public shuttle that does a loop around the town-alot of fun seeing the sights and various restaurants.

You won't find any hotel outside of the airport area (which isn't a great place to stay) that will shuttle you for free to the LB area. But once you get there, there are hotels that will shuttle you to the port for your cruise. You can do a search for the decent LB hotels here in Western Destinations. Look for Bruin Steve's posts as he gives a great run down (plus tells you the areas of LB to avoid like the plague).

We wanted to stay at the Coast last year, but it was under renovation. I think they even changed the name of the hotel. It's in a lovely location, but I didn'

t want to stay there. The restaurant was not open and the pool was closed. Check it out and see if the renovations are done.

Archived