beach at a hotel or resort

Otis1230

There are actually only a small handful of hotels on Seven Mile Beach. Most of the beach is taken up by private condos.

You certainly could rent a room for the day at the Westin, Grand Cayman Beach Resort (formerly Hyatt), or the Ritz Carlton and have full use of their facilities.

There are several other places of public accomodation on Seven Mile Beach with amenities such as watersports rentals, bar & restaurant facilities, and chair rentals.

We just got back from our cruise. We did a beach day in GC and went to the Reefe Grill very nice. It's $4pp from the port and you can rent beach chairs for $7 and Umbrellas for $10. Very nice beach, clean, food, bar, bathrooms, outside shower and beach store. We got there about 9:30 and very few people, but started to see more and more people later in the morning.

P3090076.jpg?t=1268912805

P3090077.jpg?t=1268912836

Sea Grape is a great spot to go to for "stuff". You can find food, restrooms, drinks, music, chairs, umbrellas, water sports rentals i.e. jet skis, water skiing, parasailing, banana boats, etc., outdoor shower, taxi stand, sand, warm water.....everything you need. 10 min ride about $4-5 pp each way.

apdchief - Love the pictures! We are looking forward to a beach day in Grand Cayman as well! We'll be there in May! Is Reefe Grill on Seven Mile Beach or Sea Grape? I'm assuming those are two different beaches?

apdchief - Love the pictures! We are looking forward to a beach day in Grand Cayman as well! We'll be there in May! Is Reefe Grill on Seven Mile Beach or Sea Grape? I'm assuming those are two different beaches?

No they are all on 7-mile beach, just different places. I don't think your going to go wrong at either.

Royal Palms (also known as Reef Grill) and Sea Grape are both sections of Seven Mile Beach. They are very, very easy to get to by taxi from the port area. Both have all of the facilities you'd need for a great day on the beach. What's nice is that they're both free (other than the taxi ride) so you only pay for what you use/consume.

Archived