Eastern Med Sep or Oct?

GARNERSINMH

Hi everyone!

Looking at Eastern Med with Egypt in September or October of 2011. I have checked the weather averages and can see the advantages to both months but I'm looking for a little first hand knowledge please. We would be in the ports for every stop but hopefully by the pool on sea days. Are the seas any rougher later in the year in the Med? How are temperatures, OK for sunning? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, G.- remember that from Sept 21st you're moving into the autumn solstice, when the days/nights are of equal lengths, so the weather is slowly turning cooler. This is not to say cold, but there may well be some rain and wind around. However, you're going south with the Egypt trip, so it will still be pretty hot, even in Oct. I've been in Alex in Feb, and it was T-shirt weather.

Last Oct was stormy in the north Med, but still warm; the main problem could be the rain. For many years we've holidayed in the Med in the 3rd week in Oct- school half term- in Southern Spain, Greek Isles, Tunisia etc, and it was always warm enough to sit on a beach, tho' the sea was cooling down. The main problem was always the rain.....The main benefit is the lack of crowds.

Jo.

Archived