Would You Pay More for Princess Cruise?

poffles

Princess and Carnival are parts of the same larger company. They just put together a search tool to find out which of their companies might be for you. It's here: http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/cruise-navigator.aspx

I've never sailed on Princess and haven't really heard anything bad about them. Have sailed Carnival several times though and can recommend them as being the 'fun' ships they say they are. There are unfortunately some folks who seem to exist solely to insult carnival and those who sail with them. Calling them 'party' ships implies a level of drunken bawdiness that is not in line with reality. Festive would be a better word to describe the overall feeling of the line, particularly encompassing the decor, which is definitely gaudier than any other line.

From your many posts in this thread, it seems like your group would enjoy either experience. I would consider the pool issue though, as if pool use will be a big feature of your cruise, then Princess would probably be the wisest choice. As somebody else said, I would research the individual ship choices and read a lot of reviews for each as there is a considerable difference from ship to ship, even within the same line.

Archived