3/14 PRIDE during Spring Break = DELIGHTFUL!

Cambrensis

Are you talking about the cruise itself? I can't speak for the person doing the review but I can speak for mine. I have a coworker going in the middle of June and I'm going at the beginning of May. We paid almost the same amount for FOUR in an 8j balcony as my coworker paid for a TWO person inside. As far as the cruise itself, overall I think those of us that want to cruise out of a "home port" here in the north east pay a premium, wether it be Norfolk, NYC, or Baltimore compared to the Florida ports.

I do agree...the idea of driving instead of taking a plane sounds great. When you price the cruise plus air (if cruising out of Miami) it is the same. We have never cruised with our kids-sticker shock that is all.

Thanks for your reply.

Just for your comparison .. I looked at the May 30 Pride sailing on Carnival website. Of course May is probably a much more desirable month -- but looks like we paid about $700 less than current quote for that sailing for the 8M/VS suite combined. We felt pretty good about it but were also willing to pay a premium for the connected cabins.

We would definitely be paying premium..but with 3 kids 12, 9, 7...we need the connecting rooms and at this point most cabins in the configuration we need are very limited. We have cruised 3 times before without kids and never on Carnival so this will be a totally different vacation for us. We do not necessarily need that VS cat. room (4237 and 4239) but it is all that is left. I guess I will just close my eyes and write the check..lol

We are booked on the Pride for 11/7 in two connecting rooms. We have an inside cabin that connects to an extended balcony. Rooms 5105/5107. Just another possibility with kids! :rolleyes: Thanks for the great reviews, we can't wait to go! I am thinking that I will have to give my two sons an art lesson before we go so they can apprecitate the walls!!! :eek:

Are you talking about the cruise itself? I can't speak for the person doing the review but I can speak for mine. I have a coworker going in the middle of June and I'm going at the beginning of May. We paid almost the same amount for FOUR in an 8j balcony as my coworker paid for a TWO person inside. As far as the cruise itself, overall I think those of us that want to cruise out of a "home port" here in the north east pay a premium, wether it be Norfolk, NYC, or Baltimore compared to the Florida ports.

Couple comments...we paid 3400 for a cat 11 for 4. That's not a state secret, we booked on carnival and they post prices. I know they just had a price increase. With everything - sail and sign, parking, tips, we paid around 5K. It was a decent deal for what we got.

We checked 3 cases of small waters, 1 12 pack of pop and 1 pack of juiceboxes. No issues. Great to have waters for sure, not loving carnivals water so much. We went through it all.

Another hint is if you are traveling with seniors, you can split them among roomst double the senior discount, which is a few hundred. We did this with my friends parents, so I think they saved 300/room. It only applies to the suite level.

There were only a few cars in each line for parking so we used CC- it took about 5 minutes.

Archived