Transportation options from HOU to Pier (HELP ME PLEASE!!!)

jjprugby

Could anyone give me any good transportation ideas from Houston Hobby airport for a Feb. 26 - Mar. 5 Texaribbean cruise?

It will by my and my fiance's first cruise and we are looking for a shuttle from the airport to the pier.

I have found Kays Transport out of Houston to take us for $25 a trip. This is per trip not per person, so if there are others of you that are looking for the same you could join us in this price.

Any other ideas would help or if you are intrested in joining us on the shuttle let me know.

-Justin

(We are staying at the Red Roof INN next to the airport the night of Feb. 25th.)

This is the bigest prob with Hou sailing but still well worth the effort. The offer you found sounds good. Galveston limo (shuttle van) says $30 per person. ALS limo said $99, Regent $75, and Clearlake shuttle $50, these were all for up to 4 people with pick up at the hotel.Extreme elegance wants $80 for up to 10. Were on the 2/12 sailing so guess we better start makeing some decissions. Before we had used cruiseline trans but hear they dont run from hobby anymore and not ideal anyway, to much waiting. Do hope you have a wonderful cruise. Smooth Seas to All Carol

If you can get transfers for $25 for both grab it; the other option is Enterprise rental. You can get a small car for about $20.00 including tax from Hobby or IAH and drop it off in Seaport, a couple miles from the port. They will take you back to the ship. Many are using this method now. good luck and have a wonderful cruise. NMNita

Since you're coming in the night before, you may want to opt for the Enterprise rental car so you're not stuck at the hotel on Friday night. We're on the same ship in April and have already booked the car from Bush Intercontinental Airport (68.00). We will return it the next morning at the Enterprise office in Seabrook, TX and they will drive us right to the dock. After docking on Saturday, we will again get a rental car from Enterprise. They have a group of car right there at the dock that you can rent. We'll drive it back to the airport where we will stay the night. There are four of us and I've looked into all options and this seems the best all the way around. Your price of $25 almost seems too good to be true. I did quite a bit of checking and my guess is that this is really per person. You might want to double check before commiting to it. Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

I just called Kay and booked with them for $60 for a minivan for our 5 adults from Bush airport in Houston to cruise dock on Saturday 2-29. I think this is pretty good considering Enterprise kept giving me different rates.:) Thanks for posting their number!

I just called Kay and booked with them for $60 for a minivan for our 5 adults from Bush airport in Houston to cruise dock on Saturday 2-29. I think this is pretty good considering Enterprise kept giving me different rates.:) Thanks for posting their number!

Sounds like you got a really fair deal and yes, we had the run around from Enterprise as well though everything worked out great. I do have one question: are you really cruising on 2/29? There are only 28 days in Feb. sorry couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!LOL

NMnita

Just called a place called "Town car airport services" 713-783-4647 and they have a car for $60.00 for up to 4 people. I called taxi company and they charge $45.00 for taxi (Fiesta, Yellow).. Gary o.

Archived