10 people, 10X the fun: Carnival Legend review, 3/14-21

ericrz

Me, my wife, my sister & my step-father also graduated from UF. Me in 1994. My wife a couple years later.

We've already told our daughters we won't be paying for their college unless they go to UF also. ;)

I'm also a volunteer high school coach down here in SW FL. Had the chance to go to the Vandy & FSU (Senior Day) games with a player of mine UF is recruiting. Was on the field with the players and coaches for both and in locker room after each game. Actually met Percy Harvin and got a pic with him outside the Gator locker room at the Vandy game. Shook hands with Tebow twice @ FSU game & met almost all the coaches between the visits. It was awesome @ FSU game with 90,000 screaming. I was also at the tunnel exit when the Gators came running out. One of the coolest experiences I've ever been able to have. Hoping to go back again this year with the same kid how is a senior now.

That is awesome!

What a beautiful family you have. Thank-you for sharing the pics and all of the great info. Nice review. Can't wait to sail the Legend in Oct.

One quick question; Was Mahogany Bay in Roatan an excursion or just at beach where you can walk up and pay at that time to use their facilities? The pics are just beautiful. Thanks.

Hoosiercouple, thanks.

MB in Roatan is a private beach owned by Carnival and the Honduran government, for use only by Carnival passengers. You walk off the ship and through a duty-free shop. You can then walk ~10 minutes to the beach or pay for the "flying chairs." We actually rode the chairs for free, since the booth attendant was absent.

You can pay for some extras at MB, like canopies for some shade over the chairs, beach floats, snorkeling stuff, kayaks, etc. My brother rented a kayak for a while. But if you just want to park yourself on the beach, that's totally free.

We thought we'd better get there early to claim 10 chairs, but the beach never got too crowded. They literally have 100s of lounge chairs on the beach.

• 2 years later...

Archived