Poesia September transatlantic currency?

remi1au

Hi all, an Australian web site (http://www.cruising.com.au) has the on-board currency for an upcoming (4 sept 2010 Kiel to New York) Poesia transatlantic listed as "Onboard Currency (subject to change) US Dollar". Does anyone experienced with MSC transatlantic cruises know if this is likely to be true, ie US$ ? I have up until now assumed that it would be Euros as the cruise is originating in Europe.

Cheers

Hi remi1au,

My husband and I along with 5 other aussie couples are going on the Keil - New York cruise in Sept. All info I have got states that because the ship is leaving from Europe, onboard currency is EURO.:)

My 2 previos transatlantic cruises were in US $. My lat repositioning tripm down to Durban from Europe was meant to have US$ as onboard currency but it was still in Euros. They did not switch to Euros until after our cruise ended. Who knows what they will do with your one. They may not even have decided themselves yet. They could well be waiting to see which procing structure is more beneficial for them depending on currency rates nearer the time.

See below my email to MSC and their response.

Lets hope they dont change their mind just before the cruise.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your website FAQ section contains the following statement “For cruises in the Mediterranean & Northern Europe, the currency is the Euro. For cruises in the Caribbean, South America and South Africa the currency is the US Dollars.” But this does not address the onboard currency for transatlantic cruises.

Can you advise what the onboard currency will be for the Poesia 4th September 2010 Transatlantic cruise.

I believe it is important that passengers have this information before hand so that the appropriate foreign currency can be organised.

Regards

Andrew.

Good morning Andrew,

We have now been advised that the currency onboard the PO01- 04 SEP Kiel/ New York is Euros, thank you.

Kind regards,

MSC TRAVEL PTY LIMITED

As General Sales Agent for MSC Crociere S.A

Karla Araújo dos Santos

National Cruise Consultant

Email: karla.santos@msc.com.au

Phone: +612 8270 4000

Fax: +612 8270 4111

Australia - 1300 028 502

New Zealand Callers (Toll Free to Australia) 0508 4278 473

ABN 55 003 526 725 Lic No 2TA003126

See below my email to MSC and their response.

Lets hope they dont change their mind just before the cruise.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your website FAQ section contains the following statement “For cruises in the Mediterranean & Northern Europe, the currency is the Euro. For cruises in the Caribbean, South America and South Africa the currency is the US Dollars.” But this does not address the onboard currency for transatlantic cruises.

Can you advise what the onboard currency will be for the Poesia 4th September 2010 Transatlantic cruise.

I believe it is important that passengers have this information before hand so that the appropriate foreign currency can be organised.

Regards

Andrew.

Good morning Andrew,

We have now been advised that the currency onboard the PO01- 04 SEP Kiel/ New York is Euros, thank you.

Kind regards,

MSC TRAVEL PTY LIMITED

As General Sales Agent for MSC Crociere S.A

Karla Araújo dos Santos

National Cruise Consultant

Email: karla.santos@msc.com.au

Phone: +612 8270 4000

Fax: +612 8270 4111

Australia - 1300 028 502

New Zealand Callers (Toll Free to Australia) 0508 4278 473

ABN 55 003 526 725 Lic No 2TA003126

n thanks for the confirmation was wondering myself as seemed to keep getting conflicting info on m.s.c. site.see you onboard

Archived