Help with Acapulco

Rokat

We just returned from the MexRiv on Radiance and saw the cliff divers in Acapulco as part of day-long tour of the city. However, if you only want to see the cliff divers, then you can take a taxi. Be aware, however, that there is only one show during the daytime, around 1 p.m.

Karen

The divers stage shows throughout the day, mostly in afternoon and early evening, though. The general public is permitted to view the shows staged for cruise line excursion participants, without having to join the excursion - by paying the less than US$10 admission fee. Show admission charges are about 50% less for the other, non-excursion shows. If you enjoy walking, you can probably walk from where you leave the passenger terminal to the show-point in 20-30 minutes of relatively easy walking through the historic center of Acapulco. That same journey can be made in a taxi, taking less than 10 minutes and costing less than the peso equivalent of US$5.

If this will be your first visit to view the divers you can click on the link that follows and view my online photo album of the dives and area, to gain a better perspective: http://travel.webshots.com/album/549814575kitTvh

There are several shows during the day not just one. They are well worth seeing. I loved it. I would suggest taking a taxi rather than walking. It's pretty warm there and you do go through an older district which was nice to see from a vehicle but not so sure I would want to be walking it.

"It's pretty warm there and you do go through an older district which was nice to see from a vehicle but not so sure I would want to be walking it."

The entire Pacific Coast of Mexico, from Mazatlan south is warm - so if heat will bother you a different itinerary/cruise may be more suitable. A combination of 85/90 degree heat and 75-80% humidity, though, does bother some people - and that's what you sometimes find in Acapulco (depending upon the time of the year).

The walk from the cruise ship terminal to the divers is considered very safe, it's not a part of the city where problems of crime or insecurity are commonplace. I don't hesitate to recommend it and I have made that walk many times and I enjoy the exercise. But, taking a taxi is easy, also, Do what makes you most comfortable.

• 7 months later...

Hi Kat, this is Alex, we met on the Infinity and enjoyed learning to play Mahjong. It was a pleasure to meet both of you. Rog and I have been thinking of joining you ladies in Miami but were unsure which Carnival ship you had booked and whether it was the 11/29 of 12/6 on the Imagination. Thanks for a reply I'll monitor this board for a reply. My e-mail is awp529@gmail.com Cheers, Alex

What is the best way to go see the cliff divers if we don't want to go shopping.................all we want to do is see the divers. Thanks for any info

Any taxi will take you to see the divers, if you don't want to attend the performances as part of an excursion. The search feature here on CC will take you to scores of discussions about the divers, how to get there, when they perform, the cost of the performances, etc. If you click on the link in my signature line (below) you'll find an album of photos I've taken at Cliffdiver performances - and you'll have an idea of what to expect. Enjoy your visit!

Best to use a taxi to get to the dive show and inexpensive it is. The show times for the divers is as followed. Unless there is an irregular arrival of a cruise ship which would dictate them to adding a show this is the schedule. Do plan to arrive 20 minutes or so prior.

1pm

7:30pm

8:30pm

9:30pm

10:30pm with torches

The official start time for the first daily performance is 12:45. Arriving early for any of the performances is a good idea - and don't be surprised if the show starts later than advertised. They're dependant upon weather, and other factors. But, they do sometimes start on time.

Just returned from the Infinity. We used Rosie in Acapulco. Her tour was great. If you get 10 people her air conditioned vans are only $35 per person which includes more than 5 hours of touring including admission to the cliff divers. She also supplies unlimited beer, soda and water in the vans and even gives you an ice towel after watching the divers. She was highly professional. Through cruise critic we had 3 vans with 32 people. You can reach her by email at Dew_days@hotmail.com. Her website is http://www.acapulcorosiestours.com.

Archived