Black pearl skateboard park, grand cayman

beachh2o

Has anyone been to Black Pearl lately-its still open, I hope? Tried e-mailing from their web site and e-mail returned as mail box was "full." Is the best way to get there to travel by taxi from the cruise port?

Has anyone been to Black Pearl lately-its still open, I hope? Tried e-mailing from their web site and e-mail returned as mail box was "full." Is the best way to get there to travel by taxi from the cruise port?

I had posted here as well asking for info and nobody ever responded. It appears as if they are open since their site lists a calendar for 2010 events. Have you been there in the past by any chance?

They're still open...or at least they looked like they were open when we drove by last week. You might want to try phoning if you have specific questions that you need answered in a timely fashion.

Yes, a taxi from the port area is the easiest way to get there. You can get there via bus, but as the schedules are somewhat irregular I personally wouldn't rely on it when you're on a tight timeline as you would be when visiting by cruise ship.

We went there back in April of 2008. Prior to going I did call to make sure that they would be open and the times and such. We took a taxi from the port with no problems. I don't recall the cost of the taxi. My son skated the park all by himself...remember to bring some gloves...the entire park is concrete and it is really rough on your hands. After he skated...a group of us rented the wave machine. That was a blast! It is totally the best wave machine that we have been on...totally worth the money.

Anyhow...from what we gathered...the Black Pearl is locally owned and has changed owners quite a few times. A guy from our December 2009 cruise rented out the wave machine...so I know that they were open then. Hope this helps...have fun! :D

Crystal

Archived