Never cruised Royal Carribbean...help

Hi everyone,

I am in the planning process for my next cruise. I have cruised on Carnival Destiny, Triumph, Paradise and NCL Sky and Spirit, however, I have never cruised on Royal Carribean.

My kids really enjoyed certain aspects of the Carnival cruise, while I have really enjoyed the NCL cruise. I am trying to decide if RCL might be a good fit.

My kids really liked the self serve soft ice cream. Is this available on RCL?

They liked the water slide. Is this available? They didn't like that the pools close kind of early....I have heard that RC pools are open 24 hours, is this true?

I enjoyed free style cruising, but I guess this is not an option with RC?

What's better about RC than Carnival? What's not so good? What's better than NCL? What's not so good?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Kim

Have not cruised the lines you did, but will try to tell you something about RCI Voyager class ships.

Pools are open late

There is a Johnny Rockets on them (3.95 plus soda and shakes....all you can eat)

Rock climbing wall

in-line roller blade

ice skating and also ice skating show

mall promenade down the middle of the ship

What they do not have is the water slide as carnival does

Food is good, service is very good

I think the kids would love this size ship and they have a lot of things for kids to do

Have not cruised the lines you did, but will try to tell you something about RCI Voyager class ships.

What they do not have is the water slide as carnival does

i was on explorer and adventure and the kids pool in the rear behind johnny rockets had a water slide

My wife and I have cruised on NCL, Carnival, and RCCL. Each has its plus and minus. We are not freestyle dining fans so prefer Carnival and RCCL for that. We cruised Navigator of the Seas twice in 2004 because we didn't make it to Labadee the first time...had a great experience both times. We don't particpate in the special activities on NOS class ships, but we really enjoy watching others skate, climb, the wall, in-line skate or golf. We love the wine bar and pub on NOS and the promenade parades. But NCL Spirit will always be one of our favorites because of the Galaxy lounge and the unique showroom as well as the general color and style of the ship. Each of our Carnival cruises was fun and different. Sometimes passengers make the cruise, not just the ship. I can't imagine anyone of any age being bored on RCCL, especially Voyager class. Try the Navigator, go to Vintages and enjoy a wine flight.

And don't forget the putt putt golf and basketball courts. Also on Navigator (and I'm assuming the other Voyager class ships) there's a Sprinkles (self serve ice cream).

Sprinkles is now gone. I believe it was due to health/safety concerns - wet deck from constant clean-up, and not too sanitary with the little darlings helping themselves to the ice-cream toppings.

Archived