Just got back from Majesty 4-day

We just got back yesterday from the Majesty of the Seas 4-day cruise to the Bahamas. It was great! And what a difference from the cruise we took last June on Majesty's sister ship the Monarch of the Seas. When we went on that cruise in June of last year it was only the 2nd week of their West coast itinerary since being refurbished and moving to California. And as I mentioned in a post on another thread, they didn't quite have their act together then and the cruise was somewhat disappointing. But it didn't cause us to lose faith in Royal Caribbean, and we booked the Majesty cruise for this year. And I'm so glad we did. Everything was good on this cruise, the stateroom, the room steward, the dining room waiters, the entertainment, the ports of call - even the weather was perfect. Our stateroom was on Deck 4, and it was so convenient to everything. We did a lot of things and participated in a lot of events that we don't usually do on cruises, I think because of the friendly and positive attitude of the crew that just made it a continuously fun atmosphere. My favorite event was the scavenger hunt during which I had to take off my belt, my shirt, and my pants (not at the same time). I think I'm on the cruise video (in that event and possibly some others) which we bought but haven't watched yet.

I could go on and on. If you are going on this cruise in the near future, you are going to love it. This cruise and this ship definitely has its act together.

CRUISIN'GAL...

We won't be hard to spot...we are taking 5 teenagers with us. Look for the two haggard looking 40ish'ers with a drink in each hand!!!!!!!

SSDD until...MAJESTY countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm glad to hear everything went great. We're leaving early tomorrow morning to drive down to Miami and board the Majesty. As usual, I'm taking too much. DH says it'll be a miracle if the ship doesn't list to one side all the way to Nassau because of the weight in our cabin. I decided just for that remark, I'm going to unpack half of his stuff -- "gee, honey, you said for me to lighten up the load..." Just kiddin'

Originally posted by mammallama:

What were your ports of call? I'm going on the Majesty in September, can't wait.

Tuesday is Nassau & Paradise Island, Wednesday is CocoCay (private island owned by RCI), and Thursday is Key West.

Originally posted by MrShanna:

Thanks, Barefooter...that's good to hear. We are leaving on the Majesty on 6/14. Don't have any pics to share, do ya???

Have a few pics (not quite ready to share yet), but mostly videotaped (haven't watched that yet either).

Originally posted by cruise wizard:

My wife and I are leaving on 7/5 for a four nighter. How is the food and condition of the ship? Any suggestions about what to do and see in Key West?

The food was good, not great, IMO. But the dining room staff was so wonderful and accommodating, any problems with the food were quickly rectified.

The condition of the ship is excellent. I saw no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure how old the ship is, but it looked practically new to me.

I really enjoyed Key West. I have a friend who has lived there for 17 years whom we walked all around with and had lunch together. The restaurants seem to compete for who has the best key lime pie. And I think we found the best one (can't remember the name of it right now, but can ask my friend and post it later). As to suggestions about what to do, I'm not sure what you might like, but you could start here: http://*****.com/38vds And if you're interested in guided tours, go over to the right of that web page and click "Shore excursions in Key West, FL."

BTW, regarding Key West, you are supposed to be able to get off the ship by 10:00 a.m. But before that, they make everyone go through immigration. We personally were done in very short order, but apparently some guests did not bother to go when they were supposed to, and since they won't let anyone off the ship until everyone on board has been checked by US immigration officers, no one was able to leave the ship until about 11:25 a.m. So I'd say don't make any definite plans to do anything or meet anyone in Key West before around 11:30 just to be on the safe side. Of course that wasn't the ship's fault. I think they handled all that in the most efficient way possible.

Mr. Shanna, I will have my 2 girls 15 aND 16 and my nephew 15. On previous cruises my daughter has gone to the teen club to "hook up" with other teens, do your kids do the same? My nephew plays basketball so he will pretty much be on the court. If I see you at the port I'll say hello.

Barefooter, thanks for the info, always nice to hear the lastest news. Were the ocean potion cards available for virgin frozon drinks for teens? cruisin'gal icon_smile.gif

Hi, glad you had a nice time on the MJ> What cabin were you in on Deck 4, and who was your Cabin Steward?

Also, who were your waiters?

Do you have your Cruise Compass for DAy 1? Just wondering who the Cruise Director is, and also the name of the Calypso band. Sorry so many questions...

*Stacy* View My Majesty OTS Pictures and Cruise Compasses @:

http://community.webshots.com/album/67722635CJvUvZ

M/S MAJESTY OF THE SEAS, 18 TIMES!

Next Majesty Cruise...Back-to-Back June 18th & June 21st, 2004

Stacy, we were in cabin 4060, a very nice and very convenient cabin.

Our cabin steward Ronald Holt(?). I know that's his first name, not absolutely sure of the last name.

Our main waiter was Omer from Turkey, the assistant waiter I really don't

remember her name, but she was from Turkey as well. Omer was great! A tall bald guy.

Yes, we have all the Compasses. The cruise director was Duane Davis.

The calypso band was Rhythm Explosion.

Any more questions? I'm happy to answer them.

And cruisin'gal, I don't know about those card or drinks for teens.

CocoCay was really nice, especially if you love the beach and water activities. It's mostly sand and palm trees and really beautiful. They have all kinds of facilities and equipment for water activities which can be paid for with the SeaPass card. Or you can just lie on the beach or hike or just wonder around. They did have all kinds of food around lunch time, provided by the ship. Plenty to eat, and really good. The calypso band came over and provided music in the afternoon, and some people (including me) were dancing - although it was a little hot out in the sun. They also have some little shops that sell clothes and souvenirs - but you have to pay cash there. The people running these shops were very nice and there was no pressure from anyone to buy or haggling over prices. And yes, the ship had to anchor and we went over in a tender. Only took about 10 minutes to go over. Loading and unloading the boat seemed to take forever though. The island was great, IMO. I wish we had stayed longer, but we had to get back to the ship to get together with the group we were with.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisin'gal:

Mr. Shanna, I will have my 2 girls 15 aND 16 and my nephew 15. On previous cruises my daughter has gone to the teen club to "hook up" with other teens, do your kids do the same? My nephew plays basketball so he will pretty much be on the court. If I see you at the port I'll say hello. cruisin'gal icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cruisin gal...our girls are 18, 17 and 14. The boys are 15 and 14. None have ever been on a cruise before. Hope we can convince them to try the teen club...see you there!!

SSDD until...MAJESTY countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Barefooter, thanks for the information! I'm planning to cruise on the Majesty in August and was getting a little nervous about it because I had read negative comments about the condition of the ship. However, after reading your post and comments on another thread (who said the same thing you did), I feel a lot better now!

Just wanted to ask if they have an arcade on the ship? My DS is 12 and I know he'll be asking about that! Also, do they show movies in the cinema? If so, do the movies run during the entire day or just during the evening?

Thanks for your help!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04

Enchantment of the Seas,Apr 04

Disney Wonder, Oct 02

Disney Wonder, Jan 02

Lynda, they do have a video arcade on Deck 11. We did not see it, but it shows it in the "Welcome Aboard" pamphlet we have. They also have some good programs for youth and teens. Check this out: http://*****.com/368mc

As to the cinema, I know they have one and it's a very nice theater on Deck 2, but I don't know the schedule of movies. I know they are supposed to show first run movies, but I never saw anything about it in the Compass. Maybe someone else knows.

Thanks again, Barefooter, for the info! I am so grateful for your replies as I don't see the Majesty mentioned too frequently on the board! Thanks again!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04

Majesty of the Seas, Aug 04

Enchantment of the Seas,Apr 04

Disney Wonder, Oct 02

Disney Wonder, Jan 02

Originally posted by Barefooter:

I really enjoyed Key West. I have a friend who has lived there for 17 years whom we walked all around with and had lunch together. The restaurants seem to compete for who has the best key lime pie. And I think we found the best one (can't remember the name of it right now, but can ask my friend and post it later).

The restaurant was The Roof Top Cafe, 310 Front Street. You have to walk upstairs. Very casual. Food: excellent! Key lime pie: excellent!

Archived