Miami Hotel - Port/Airport/Near Marlins stadium???

colemkr

We are going on the Carnival Valor on May 22nd. When we get back we are staying in Miami that Sunday and planning on going to a Florida Marlins game. Our flight is really early on Monday morning so I am not sure where the best place is to stay. It looks like the Marlins stadium isn't around much. We would probably like to stay at some sort of Marriott since I can use points.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

Kristin

We weren't going to get a car. I wasn't sure how far away it was. Would it not be possible to get a taxi or would it be too expensive and more worth it to drive ourselves. I would love more information if you have it!

Kristin

Ok, I just looked up car rentals and they are only like $30 for the day! maybe that is the route that we should be taking. Are there car rental places that will pick you up at the port or that have services at the port?

Kristin

It would be far cheaper for you to rent a car than take taxis to and from what is now called "Dolphins Stadium" (where the Marlins play).

There are several rental car companies that have shuttles at the Port of Miami, it's best to call and ask, but I do remember seeing Alamo quite frequently.

If you have a flight real early on Monday morning, and want to stay at a Marriott you may want to return your rental car Sunday night and stay at the Marriott at MIA and just have them shuttle you to the terminal Monday morning - seems to me that would take less time than dealing with the hassle of returning a car and dealing with all that early in the morning.

Archived