Question about obstructed view cabin in carnival

Kubanita

Hey guys!!

This will be my first cruise.. so excited!! I am leaving in May, I was speaking with my cruise agent and She was telling me she has a balcony cabin available with obstructed view. Now, the cabin is in the carnival liberty ship, deck 6. It is room 6204. She says these are balconies in front of the ship that are not private, therefore that is why they are called obstructed. other than that the view is great, and it is available for only $100 more for both myself and my fiance. Right now I have an inside cabin in deck 8. What should I do?? Please advice...

thank you so much.. I love this board. since it is my first cruise I have been taking many notes from you guys!!! =) Thanx a million!!!

Betti.

Hey guys!!

This will be my first cruise.. so excited!! I am leaving in May, I was speaking with my cruise agent and She was telling me she has a balcony cabin available with obstructed view. Now, the cabin is in the carnival liberty ship, deck 6. It is room 6204. She says these are balconies in front of the ship that are not private, therefore that is why they are called obstructed. other than that the view is great, and it is available for only $100 more for both myself and my fiance. Right now I have an inside cabin in deck 8. What should I do?? Please advice...

thank you so much.. I love this board. since it is my first cruise I have been taking many notes from you guys!!! =) Thanx a million!!!

Betti.

Actually you would not be able to access that front balcony directly from your cabin. You actually have to go out your cabin door and walk around to the front of th ship (short walk). These cabins are actually called "insides w/picture window". if I'm not mistaken. I think for the $100 it might be worth it, except that you may feel a lot more movement being right in the front like that, you didn't say where on deck 8 that your present cabin is, so don't know about the movement there.

Sue

oh wow that is great information. I am currently in 8354. So then those do not have the balcony right out of your window..you actually have to walk... but do you see a view outside if you are inside the room??? Are those cabins bigger than a regular inside cabin? Do you think it would be worth it or maybe not.. I am not familiar on how the movement of the ship is at all. Thank you so much for the great information, looking forward for your reply =)

- Betti

oh wow that is great information. I am currently in 8354. So then those do not have the balcony right out of your window..you actually have to walk... but do you see a view outside if you are inside the room??? Are those cabins bigger than a regular inside cabin? Do you think it would be worth it or maybe not.. I am not familiar on how the movement of the ship is at all. Thank you so much for the great information, looking forward for your reply =)

- Betti

Betti - When you look out your window, you would probably see some type of railing & the sky. You would not actually be able to see the ocean from your cabin. It is kind of like a little "private deck" because most people will not venture out there or even know it's there. BUT, if they were to, they would be able to see right in your cabin. The cabin should be the same size and as far as whether it is worth it, that would be entirely up to you. It would depend on how much you would like to have some "light" in your cabin and also how tight of a budget you are on too. Most people would say that you can feel more movement in the front and/or the back of the ship, but as with anything, everyone has their own personal opinions. Which ever one you decide on, you will have a great time regardless!

Sue

Sue,

Thank you so much for your information as far as my cabin selection. I think I am going to stick to my first option, since I dont think there is much difference and I might feel the movement of the ship more. Thank you for helping me decide on what is best for me!! =)

Have you ever taken an Eastern Caribbean cruise? We are going to Half moon cay, puerto rico, grand turk and st thomas... any ideas on what would be best to see or do in this places? =)

Sue,

Thank you so much for your information as far as my cabin selection. I think I am going to stick to my first option, since I dont think there is much difference and I might feel the movement of the ship more. Thank you for helping me decide on what is best for me!! =)

Have you ever taken an Eastern Caribbean cruise? We are going to Half moon cay, puerto rico, grand turk and st thomas... any ideas on what would be best to see or do in this places? =)

You are so welcome! I know you will have a wonderful cruise! No, I haven't done the eastern caribbean cruise, but I have been to San Juan and St. Thomas. St. Thomas is absolutely beautiful! One of my favorite places! When we were there, doing some shopping in town, there was a man, who had a "open" type bus/van and he was taking people for tours around St. Thomas. This was a few years ago, but we paid $15 pp and he took us EVERYWHERE - it was an amazing tour. We even went up on top of the mountain and he pointed out where the different oceans "met". The shopping in St. Thomas is fantastic! As far as San Juan, I'm not really a big fan of the place, so can't give you any really good ideas.

Sue

Hey sue,

I thought about doing that, going with a local tourist guide and have them show me around the island, then I got scared they told me if anything happens the ship might leave me lOl. But, overall I think this is what I will do. Visit the entire island of St Thomas!!! =) They have told me it is beautiful so I think I would enjoy going around and seeing what is there =) Thanx Sue!

Hey sue,

I thought about doing that, going with a local tourist guide and have them show me around the island, then I got scared they told me if anything happens the ship might leave me lOl. But, overall I think this is what I will do. Visit the entire island of St Thomas!!! =) They have told me it is beautiful so I think I would enjoy going around and seeing what is there =) Thanx Sue!

go look at the port of calls board- check out the vendors Godfrey tours or Sonny. Both are highly recommended. and for a cheap price you get to see the whole island PLUS spend time at a beach and do some shopping.

To get anywhere by yourself it will cost you each 10.00 each way by cab so doing the island tour by either of those vendos is so much worth the money

Hey sue,

Since you are in St Thomas for almost 9 hours, you'll have a lot of time to do a non ship excursion. There are some ports and excursions where its an advantage to doing through the ship, but this is probably one of the most common ports for people to just do their own thing.

As a first cruise, an inside is not bad as you'll be busy exploring other things to do. Plus you'll only occasionally see land and sights once you leave port and easy to go on deck at these times. The current midship location is good as well, since you can easily go either direction either.

And a bit of advice I have seen on these boards is not to give out your specific cabin numbers.

Archived