Avitours?

livylotte

Does anyone have an up to date link or website for Avitours please? There has been some great feedback about them on these boards and so I would like to have a look at their website as I am in the process of planning for my forthcoming cruise. Non of the links that people have posted seem to be working, I have tried google but I can't seem to get any of their links to work either.

Thankyou!

Also, if anyone has any recomendations for any other tour companies I would love to hear them.

We are in Israel for 2 days. Day 1 we dock at Ashdod and Day 2 Haifa. They are both full days, not sure if we will do an overnight or 2 separate trips but would like to go to Jerusalem and Masada/Dead Sea. Would also like to pass through Beersheba as a surprise for my hubby as he worked in the area for a few months many moons ago! We are not Jewish so don't want to see all the religious sites - just the main tourist places would be good.

I'm afraid it does all depend on price though :( there will be 5 of us. RCI excursions are looking very expensive :eek:

Also, if anyone has any recomendations for any other tour companies I would love to hear them.

We are in Israel for 2 days. Day 1 we dock at Ashdod and Day 2 Haifa. They are both full days, not sure if we will do an overnight or 2 separate trips but would like to go to Jerusalem and Masada/Dead Sea. Would also like to pass through Beersheba as a surprise for my hubby as he worked in the area for a few months many moons ago! We are not Jewish so don't want to see all the religious sites - just the main tourist places would be good.

I'm afraid it does all depend on price though :( there will be 5 of us. RCI excursions are looking very expensive :eek:

http://www.tours-r-us.com/aboutEn.asp?AboutNum=1

this is the like to their web site.

when exactly are you schedule for your visit?

Thankyou very much motib.

Our intinerary is as follows:-

Ashdod, Sunday 24th October 7am - 10pm

Haifa, Monday 25th October 7am - 10pm

I am hoping we can do this as 2 separate days and return to the ship in the evening to keep the costs down because this cruise also visits Egypt in for 2 days for which we are planning an overnight. If I can avoid an overnight in Israel it would help our budget considerably!

Could you give me some indication of driving times between the ports and a) Masada/Dead Sea and b) Jerusalem. Which ports are nearest to each place?

Thankyou very much motib.

Our intinerary is as follows:-

Ashdod, Sunday 24th October 7am - 10pm

Haifa, Monday 25th October 7am - 10pm

I am hoping we can do this as 2 separate days and return to the ship in the evening to keep the costs down because this cruise also visits Egypt in for 2 days for which we are planning an overnight. If I can avoid an overnight in Israel it would help our budget considerably!

Could you give me some indication of driving times between the ports and a) Masada/Dead Sea and b) Jerusalem. Which ports are nearest to each place?

I understand you are coming on the Pacific Princess.

I see no reason why you cannot do it on 2 separate days. Your options are to have a day tour from Ashdod to Jerusalem and from Haifa to the north, Nazareth & the Sea of Galilee.

Or, if you want to see both Masada and Jerusalem the way to do it is going to the Dead Sea and Masada from Ashdod (2.5 hr drive) and to Jerusalem from Haifa (2 hr drive). In that case you don't go anywhere in the north.

Thankyou Diane, I will be contacting Avitours very soon :) Have a great trip!

motib, sorry :o you have been very helpful but I have one more question. We are sailing on RCI Vision of the Seas by the way :) I have checked out RCI's excursion page for my itinerary and they have excluded some sites on October 24th which is the date we dock in Ashdod. Is there a reason why that date has some restrictions - is it a special holiday in Israel? It is a Sunday - does that make a difference?

I was looking at these 2 excursions.

Glorious Jerusalem

Please note that there will be no visit to the Church of All Nations and Gethsemane for the call of the Vision of the Seas on October 24

Dead Sea & Masada

Please note this tour is not offered for the Vision of the Seas visit on October 24.

Thankyou Diane, I will be contacting Avitours very soon :) Have a great trip!

motib, sorry :o you have been very helpful but I have one more question. We are sailing on RCI Vision of the Seas by the way :) I have checked out RCI's excursion page for my itinerary and they have excluded some sites on October 24th which is the date we dock in Ashdod. Is there a reason why that date has some restrictions - is it a special holiday in Israel? It is a Sunday - does that make a difference?

I was looking at these 2 excursions.

Glorious Jerusalem

Please note that there will be no visit to the Church of All Nations and Gethsemane for the call of the Vision of the Seas on October 24

Dead Sea & Masada

Please note this tour is not offered for the Vision of the Seas visit on October 24.

Apparently my data is out of date…

Indeed the Vision of the Seas will call Israel on those date, and the Pacific Princess too, just that when you'll call Ashdod they will be at Haifa and the same the next day. They will be in Ashdod and you in Haifa.

I see nothing special on your dates so I don't know why they don't offer the Masada & Dead Sea on the 24th or why you can't enter the Church of all Nations and Gethsemane on that day too…

Ok thankyou, I will give RCI call and post what they say on here just incase anyone else is sailing on my cruise. It looks like the only way we are going to see Masada is to do it on our own so I think a private excursion is the way to go for us.

Thanks again!

We did exactly that trip with Avitours and had a great time.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/holyland2.html

However, the link to Avitours does indeed seem broken.

Thankyou MercedMike, sorry I'm late in replying :o I've finally found time to sit and read your report on your Egypt/Holyland cruise and it's sounds absolutely wonderful. Thankyou so much for pointing me in your direction - I have saved it to my favourites as I am sure I will find it a great source of information and inspiration over the next few months as I plan our 'grand adventure'.

Thankyou again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived