Seat saving on the Liberty of the Seas

Definitely advanced tickets but diamond and diamond plus just need to show their card to get in. Again there is no way of knowing who is showing up and who is not. The advanced tickets for everyone at least gives an estimate of crowd control. If you have suite guests, diamond and diamond plus on the ship then how do you know how many people are actually coming in.

I'm wondering if the OP is a Diamond or Diamond Plus?

Perhaps, knowing it's a Diamond Perk to just show the card, OP did not wish to stand in a long line for tickets....which , of course, is a prerogative of that status.

But it also can be a risk.

Not having tickets, meant not having a seat in this case...if all that remained was the suite reserved seats.

So maybe using YOUR perk didn't work out and therefore you were upset with someone else's perk? Only suite guests and TICKETED guests are guaranteed a seat. It's best to be aware of that.

Let me ask this...if you have a ticket..are those seats "released" at some point before the show...if staff deems you have not showed up? So if you arrive a few minutes late for the show...your tickets are worthless?

If not, why should suite guests be afforded any less courtesy?

The seats are filled on a first come basis. There is no saving of seats for diamonds or diamond plus. The only seats saved are suites. I am diamond and do I feel that seats should be saved for me, absolutely not. My focus was on the seats not being released after the show started. Many people did not get in and were turned away. Lots of people cruise once. They should be able to enjoy these ice shows.

wgraves....no more advance tickets (at least not on Liberty....I can't say for certain about other ships)

We were on the 3/21 sailing of LOS and did receive ice show tickets in advance. I believe that all shows for the week were handed out on Monday night of the cruise in the promenade.

We went to the show on Thursday night and it was less than half full. I think the early shows in the week are filled to capacity. We ended up with front row seats smack in the center of arena and we definitely did not spring for a suite. BTW - Great show!

Archived