Sovereign of the seas May 9, 2005???

• 1 month later...

It is great to hear everyone saying such positive things about cruising on the Sovereign. This will be the first cruise for me and my daughter and we are sooo excited. It will be a working cruise because we are attending a conference during the trip. But we plan to have as much fun and relaxation as we can squeeze in around the conference. I signed up in advance for the See and Sea excursion because I haven't been to the Bahamas since a trip to Paradise Island 30 years ago. I am looking forward to learning more about the islands. I have learned a lot reading this boards, it has been a huge help. Now I feel like I have a better understanding of what to expect. I would love to see one of those Compass' everyone is talking about? Can you get that from the travel agent? I guess I will call her tomorrow and ask.

The Sovereign will be a great first time experience for you. Sometimes crossing the Gulf Stream can be a little rocky. This will also be a working cruise for me as it is our company annual meeting and I'm the corporate secretary/owner. Geez...a mandatory cruise with all expenses paid!

Check out links for daily sheets at this website: cruiseclues dot com

• 1 month later...

Hello all

Sirk I see you was in cabin 2097 I just ended up with cabin 2095 did you like that cabin? did you have any problem with a sewage smell down there? was it in a good location? and was it quiet? Thanks for the Imfo and thanks in advanse James

We were in the 4000 series outside rooms last week on the SOS. Slight bit of sewer smell in the room when the ship was parked. Flushing the toilet seemed to make it go away, no odor when the ship was in motion. Perhaps the floor drain outside the shower needed a little water to block the sewer gas?

At times we could hear gurgling noises coming from the bathroom which I suspect was the system acting normal since it is typically a vacuum system.

Archived