Sovereign of the seas May 9, 2005???

I am taking my wife on a 4 night cruise for our anniversary. This is our first cruise and I have no idea what to expect. I am nervous about this as I am clueless:confused: . We are 35 and 34 years old. What is the normal age for this cruise? Are there enough things to do on the ship for this age group?

I also heard they removed the movie theater. Is this true?

Is anybody from this board going:) ??

I hate to say it but I'll pass you as I'm GETTING OFF.

Do Not be nervous, Wondering if there will be enough to do, the problem is deciding what to do there is sooo much to do.

Do a search on these boards for copies of a Compass ( program of all the day/night activities) for the Sovereign. That is the best way to get an idea what is in store for you.

Believe me you can be as busy or not as you like.

If you have kids you are leaving behind for a little Romance Time, a cruise can be a very romantic getaway.

I know you'll enjoy!

Thanks guys! I made my deposit today. We are in an oceanfront room on the lower deck but I will splurge on the next one. Just getting my feet wet with this one.

Does the travel agent let me know if there is an upgrade available or do I find out when I get onboard?

Is anybody from here going???:cool:

A group of Teachers and friends are going April 18 on the 4 trip, so we can let you know more about things come April. I have been on the ship before they refurbishment. It is a little old but they take pretty good care of her. Since you have never seen a new ship, I believe you will be pleased.

Cruiser4Life

Check out my signature below!!!!!!! IT REALLY tells the story you WANT to hear!

My DD and BF are now also ADDICTED because of this ship. If the peeps give you the negative....spit it out and forget it.

Have a GREAT time! I KNOW you will!

Steve

HAIRYMAN-

I DO have the compass for that. If no one else posts a link for you in the next day or two, I'll scan and post it for you.

I got the countdown from a link right here on CC on the main page.

Steve

DOSP - I also would love to see your compass for the 4-night cruise. We are cruising in June with teenagers. We've sailed on the Explorer and were wondering if the activities are similar on the Sovereign. Thanks for your help!!

Wolfman-

We'll be aboard with you in May! This will be our THIRD trip on the Sovereign-we were going to take a longer cruise this year, but had credits/offers from the "hurricane Jeanne experience" last fall to use.

The Sovereign is a great old ship, and I can't wait to see the renovations. The only little peeve we have is that they removed the Champagne Bar-it was my favorite place for a quiet drink before dinner!

See you soon!

Just got off Sovereign today and the renovation work appears complete and it looks great. It was a very nice cruise, food was better than expected as was the dining room service. There was more entertainment then our last 4 night cruise on Majesty and it was better. The stateroom was very nice. Johnny Rocket's does charge $3.95PP but they make great onion rings!!! Embarkation and debarkation were easier than we have ever had. We were off the ship and in our car by 8:15AM! Can't wait till the next cruise!

Wolfman-

We'll be aboard with you in May! This will be our THIRD trip on the Sovereign-we were going to take a longer cruise this year, but had credits/offers from the "hurricane Jeanne experience" last fall to use.

The Sovereign is a great old ship, and I can't wait to see the renovations. The only little peeve we have is that they removed the Champagne Bar-it was my favorite place for a quiet drink before dinner!

See you soon!

Chris,

We should at least meet up when we get on board. We are on Deck 2, cheap to start with and if the experience is good we will consider a suite next:D !

• 3 weeks later...

Sovereign is one of my favorite ships. I'm another teacher sailing on 4/18 :) I'll be traveling with friends this trip, but when I travel with my husband, we have a tradition of taking a bottle of champagne to the top deck at sunset- everytime we've done this we've been practically the only people up there :)

Can I just say that I am jealous of anyone going on the Sovereign about right now? I haven't been back from my cruise but 1 week and I am already aching to get right back on her and away to the Bahamas again. What a great ship and what a wonderful time there is to be had for anyone sailing her.

Archived