Concierge Class- Constellation- cabins 9105 or 9125

schreibs

When we booked our cabin there was no concierge class. It was still a thing of the future. So basically it was the price of a 1A. But I'm thinking of booking a CC now on The Millenium if that tells you anything. We loved our butler. But could definately sail without one. The thing we would miss most is the afternoon tea, and I don't think it's worth $1400. With concierge class you get all the little perks, just not the butler. But there's still room service!

I've been in both cabins on the Millennium, essentially an identical ship. I never noticed any noise, but I'm a fairly sound sleeper and spend very little waking time in the cabin.

We've sailed on Infinity 2 times in 9104 and soon to be 2 times on Summit in 9102 (close proximity to 9105 and 9125 - in fact for a while we were wait listed for 9125 - just so we could see what "the other side of the ship was like" - but decided to stay with 9102 on Summit). We didn't notice any noise in either of these cabins. They are pretty close to the halfway point between the actual pool area and the buffet area so there's not a lot of chair movement and no noise from the pool.

We enjoy CC category....we would not know what to do with a butler anyway. We particularly enjoy the pillow menu, priority boarding and priority tendering at tender ports - small things but they made a difference for us (specially the body pillows and the down filled pillows). The mid-afternoon snacks, daily fruit, welcome bottle of champipple, better quality room amenities are all nice - but I could live without. Guess the priority boarding and pillows did it for us.

Pooh Bear

=^-.-^=

(AKA/Sharon and Will)

5-9summit2.gif

REMBRANDT - Med. 1998: and so it begins!

LEGEND OF THE SEA - Med. 1999

SPLENDOR OF THE SEA - Med. 2000

INFINITY - Hawaii 2001

MILLIE -Med. - 2002 (X No Go)

RHAPSODY OF THE SEA - Mardi Gras - 2002

INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 2002

SUMMIT - Alaska Repo Cruise - 2003

INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 2003

And next:

SUMMIT -Alaska/Pacific Coast Repo Cruise - 2004

We are Homeland Cruising now!

**No clock - too much trouble - but I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SUMMIT LEAVES FROM SAN DIEGO FOR THE 14-NIGHT PACIFIC/NW/ALASKA CRUISE**

(5/21/04!!)

We were in 9125 on the Connie in Dec. '03. I really did not notice much noise from above, and I don't think that I am a heavy sleeper. I suffered from cabin envy however. I almost fell overboard trying to see into the suite next door on more than one occasion. And I thought it was terribly rude of our "neighbors" not to ask us over for a glass of water. It was the least they could have done. Maybe you will have better neighbors.

For me, starboard vs. port is normally immaterial. However, there are some itineraries where you'd prefer one over the other. For instance if you are going clockwise around South America, then it's pretty obvious that the port side is not going to be looking at land.

No real reason for booking the side we book. I'd like to have tried the "other side" (9125) on our upcoming Alaska Repo in May - but decided not to continue to be waitlisted - and the possibility that the reservation would get messed up.

From 9102, we can look directly into the glass enclosed (not really glass enclosed - but it matches the outside elevator on the other side of the ship in style....)Celebrity Suite - it looks nice - but I much prefer a veranda to the windows. (Agree, while we were "neighbors", the very least they could have done was invite us in for something! But no one in the CS on any of our cruises has invited us in!)

Pooh Bear

=^-.-^=

(AKA/Sharon and Will)

5-9summit2.gif

REMBRANDT - Med. 9/1998: and so it begins!

LEGEND OF THE SEA - Med. 5/1999

SPLENDOR OF THE SEA - Med. 5/2000

INFINITY - Hawaii 4/2001

MILLIE -Med. - 5/2002 (X No Go)

RHAPSODY OF THE SEA - Mardi Gras - 2/2002

INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2002

SUMMIT - Alaska Repo Cruise - 5/2003

INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2003

And next:

SUMMIT -Alaska/Pacific Coast Repo Cruise - 5/2004

We are Homeland Cruising now!

**No clock - too much trouble - but I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SUMMIT LEAVES FROM SAN DIEGO FOR THE 14-NIGHT PACIFIC/NW/ALASKA CRUISE**

(5/21/04!!)

[This message was edited by pooh1bear43113 on 04-16-04 at 11:18 AM.]

I too enjoyed the Concierge Class, priority boarding and disembarkation, nice touches like extra fluffy towels, cute tote bag at the end to fit all the "extras" we bought on the islands also, free wine tasting (usually $8 charge). I would not pay the extra $$ for CC class but have gotten really good rates with my TA. I too am a lover of a balcony - only way to go.

I am a light sleeper and the dragging of the chairs and carts was driving me insane.

The Islands were great, I went to Sandals Grande in St. Lucia, EcoAdventure with Eli in Antigua, Trunk Bay in St. John's, so much to do, so little time.

Sea Princess 2001

Victory 2001

Fascination 2002

Triumph 7/02

Explorer of the Seas 10/02

Serenade of the Seas 9/03

Constellation 12/13/03

Summit to West. Carib. 4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;04;26;7;00;00&timezone=EST-0500

Infinity to Alaska 9/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;09;11;7;00;00&timezone=EST-0500

Archived