Not that I'm anxious but ...when do documents arrive?

cohengm

My TA called them and they were to overnight them to me ... I still don't have them ... we leave Sunday ... but my TA did provide me with a copy of the documents so that I know what is going on ... if the documents don't come by tomorrow, I'll just print out the pages that I need to have ...

Last year we had our documents almost 3 weeks prior to when we left.

I have so many Avalon/Globus travel bags that I don't think I'll miss not having them ... but I do like to have the information with me ...

In checking with my affordable travel agent, he called Avalon and much to his surprise, Avalon had sent my docs to the TA's office, not directly to me. He will mail them out on Monday, which should arrive at least 12 days before I depart. He was extremely responsive to my concerns, a real "full service" agency approach.

We have never used a TA, and book directly with the company (Viking, Hurtigruten, Lindblad etc.). Therefore the documents are sent directly to us, and do not go through a "middleman". Maybe this is why we get them 4 weeks before departure?

We are Canadian, but booked our AMA cruise with an American on-line travel agent. It would just seem silly for AMA to mail the cruise documents to the agent for him to have to turn around and mail them to us. We are 5 weeks from our cruise, and anxiously awaiting the documents. We don't even know what hotels AMA have booked for Budapest and Prague.

We are Canadian, but booked our AMA cruise with an American on-line travel agent. It would just seem silly for AMA to mail the cruise documents to the agent for him to have to turn around and mail them to us. We are 5 weeks from our cruise, and anxiously awaiting the documents. We don't even know what hotels AMA have booked for Budapest and Prague.

I agree that doesn't seem the most efficient way, especially when people are leaving early for their trip. Do you know when people normally hear about the hotels where they are staying? I bet they have made the reservations.

We are leaving for London in less than a month...time to do the final preparation like some of the transfers and reservations for tours in cities where we will be on our own.

We are on the same cruise as you on the Amalagro. My TA told me a few months ago that we would be at the Sofitel in Budapest and the Hilton Old town in Prague- no idea if this is correct.

I believe she said we would be getting documents about 4 weeks before...I will email her if I don't hear from her next week.

Not long now:)

Susan

We are on the same cruise as you on the Amalagro. My TA told me a few months ago that we would be at the Sofitel in Budapest and the Hilton Old town in Prague- no idea if this is correct.

I believe she said we would be getting documents about 4 weeks before...I will email her if I don't hear from her next week.

Not long now:)

Susan

Hi Susan.

I asked when we booked the vacation (January), and was told that the scheduled hotels were the Marriott in Budapest and the Hilton Old Town in Prague. However, we were told that that was subject to change, and would not be confirmed until 2-3 weeks before the cruise, when we receive our documents. I'm going to wait till the end of next week and try to touch base with him again to see if there are any updates. By then it will be less than a month to departure. Really getting excited now!!:)

Wendy

Archived