How far ahead to book Norway cruise?

alexandra cruiser

I m a first timer with Azamara ,so need to know how far ahead to book for the only cruise to Norway in Aug.2011.Of course, prefer to wait as long as possible, but don t want to miss out on balcony and only date it sails. How much do you have to put down to hold? Thanks in advance....:D

I m a first timer with Azamara ,so need to know how far ahead to book for the only cruise to Norway in Aug.2011.Of course, prefer to wait as long as possible, but don t want to miss out on balcony and only date it sails. How much do you have to put down to hold? Thanks in advance....:D

Hi I am also interested in your views on this. I was very excited when the new itinerary was published to see the Norway cruise in August as opposed to June which doesn't suit us. We have looked at all the options for the Fjords and felt this was the one that suited our needs best. Also we love the Journey :) having sailed the Baltic in 2009.

I would be particularily interested in the views of UK contributors as to the best time to book to get best discounts, OBC, flights etc.

Thanks

Sorry to say, I can't tell you about discounts and when the best prices will be available. There are so many changes at AZ now that it's hard to know.

BUT, if you know where you want to be on the ship, my advice is to book sooner rather than later. We were on the AZ Norway trip 2 summers ago (having booked rather early) and it was almost completely sold out. It is a fabulous trip to the most beautiful places in the world. You don't want to miss it.

Our experience also includes waiting for an Oceania cruise and finally taking the last verandah sixth floor room available. We are in the bow of the ship and on the port side--not at all what we wanted, but we waited too long. BUT we're on the Barc. to Dover cruise and that's what counts.

Ddcruiser

Why do you want to wait as long as possible?

The cruise line should give you any price drops. You will have to keep up with the price drops, and let your TA know. The best cabins will slowly be taken. If an online TA buys a block the best cabins might disappear somewhat faster.

i would guess at $900 for the deposit. If your bank is paying a .1% interest rate like most are you would miss out on a whopping 90 cents in interest per year.

We went to the Fjords last year on Celebrity Century. If there is more beautiful scenery in the world I'd be shocked, and I would like to see it.

A cruise i would love to do again.

For a 12 night it is $550.00pp.

I forgot to mention that the deposits have gone up from $450.00pp.

I would be particularily interested in the views of UK contributors as to the best time to book to get best discounts, OBC, flights etc.

In the UK deposits are non-refundable but, I believe, still lower than in North America. However, price drops are honoured in the UK so, if you are definite about the cruise, book it asap to ensure you get the cabin you want. Then, as advised, watch for any price drops.

Sue

In the UK deposits are non-refundable but, I believe, still lower than in North America. However, price drops are honoured in the UK so, if you are definite about the cruise, book it asap to ensure you get the cabin you want. Then, as advised, watch for any price drops.

Sue

Thanks Sue - I think we will book to be sure we get the cabin we want. I hadn't thought about TAs doing block bookings as mentioned by another poster!

Where do you watch for price reductions as my experience the last time we did an Azamara cruise was that while people (Americans) on this board were talking about big reductions, I could find nothing on the Azamara UK website. That said when it came to final payment our TA had got us a price reduction and our final invoice was consideribly less than we expected.

Vivien

Where do you watch for price reductions as my experience the last time we did an Azamara cruise was that while people (Americans) on this board were talking about big reductions, I could find nothing on the Azamara UK website.

Vivien

Unfortunately, there does have to be UK discounts and we do not appear to get all the discounts the North American market does. They get special state and senior discounts, for example. Still, we have benefitted from Celebrity discounts and it is worth checking. I do it weekly by making a false booking on the website but I know others watch daily.

Good luck.

Sue

I didnt know the cruiseline would give you the lower rates,,,this is news to me and now I realize I should have asked in past for this...have been on many cruises with other lines and never got the lower rates after booking.So I m booked on SeaDream in June and called to find out, sure enough, they said they d honor any lower rates, BUT it only gone UP...oh well, I tried......also found that SeaDream will be doing Norway trip in June 2011 ,for same price as Azamara brochure rate,but 2 days less....have never been on that one either so will make up my mind after that....how bad is it to have such worries????haha:D

Archived