Name Change?

pomlover

If they are early saver fare, and the cruise is 2-5 days, and they cancel 61 days before the cruise, they lose $50 of their deposit, and the rest is held and will be applied to the fare (not deposit) on another cruise in two years. they need to go to the Carnival website and read the Early Saver restrictions. EM

Yes, I think they are on the Early Saver rate! So does that mean they can't change the name. Do they just lose what they spent on his reservation?

Did someone who is sailing pay for this guest? If they can prove it (crecit card statement, etc) then they will be able to keep that money in their name for a future cruise. If the person who is cancelling paid then that person (non-transferable) will have a credit in their name good for travel within a year of cancellation, less a $50 cancellation fee unless you are past final payment. If so, then there are other penalties. Best bet is to call Carnival and see what your options are.

Last year I was going to cruise with my son and daughter. I could prove that I paid her deposit and as such, when she needed to cancel because she went to work on the Pride of America, I was able to keep that money in my name (even though the reservation was in her name) and use that towards our cruise this year.

Yes, I think they are on the Early Saver rate! So does that mean they can't change the name. Do they just lose what they spent on his reservation?

Yes, there are no name changes allowed on earlysaver. You can add the other person, but a new deposit and new cruise fare will be applied for that person. For the cancelling individual, like has been said before, the deposit (minus $50) held for a future cruise fare, within 2 years. But, if it's past final payment, standard penalties apply.

Archived