Early Saver and price drop requests

SammieMC00

Hey there. We finally have a price drop for our 8M category on our May 9th sailing on the Pride. We booked at 879/person and now with the past guest rate it's at 829 a person. I filled out the claim form this afternoon, but then this evening I got on and realized that the senior rate is now at 779, which would give us a 100/person OBC. My question is though can I claim the senior rate even though we're not seniors?

Hey there. We finally have a price drop for our 8M category on our May 9th sailing on the Pride. We booked at 879/person and now with the past guest rate it's at 829 a person. I filled out the claim form this afternoon, but then this evening I got on and realized that the senior rate is now at 779, which would give us a 100/person OBC. My question is though can I claim the senior rate even though we're not seniors?

Why in the world would you think you are entitled to a Sr. Fare rate if you do not qualify ??? :rolleyes::confused::o

Why in the world would you think you are entitled to a Sr. Fare rate if you do not qualify ??? :rolleyes::confused::o

Carnival rules can sometimes be hard to understand, especially when CC posters say they get credits they shouldn't have.

The OP was asking about eligibility, NOT claiming entitlement. :)

Two days ago I requested an upgrade and onboard credit. Today I see they are offering pack and go rates even cheaper. Would I be elidgible?

Pack-and-Go Price matches are a bit different, as they are generally for Category IS OV BL ST cabins. ken

Well to be honest I read it as If you find a lower carnival advertised price than what was booked at early saver rate then you would be eligible for an upgrade. I know it had to be the same class room with the same number of passengers, but I wasn't sure if it was just any rate or what. After all Early saver is supposed to be the way to get the lowest possible rate for a crusie. And like I said it never hurts to try.

Hey there. We finally have a price drop for our 8M category on our May 9th sailing on the Pride. We booked at 879/person and now with the past guest rate it's at 829 a person. I filled out the claim form this afternoon, but then this evening I got on and realized that the senior rate is now at 779, which would give us a 100/person OBC. My question is though can I claim the senior rate even though we're not seniors?[/quote]

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates

ken

If I booked an Early Saver rate (Cove Balcony 7C) and find a Pack-n-Go rate for a balcony cheaper than what I paid, do I qualify for that cheaper rate?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I just saw the pack-n-go rate too for our Dream 5/8/10 cruise. I contacted my TA about it but she said since I already have an 8A balcony I would have to cancel the cruise, pay penalties and the category is a balcony guarantee. So, I'm staying with the cabins I have and not going to go for the pack-n-go rate. But, I have been getting discounted past passenger, 55 plus rates. Yay.......

no - you won't be elgible for the pack-n-go rate. It needs to be the same category, since the pack-n-go rate is just a gaurentee rate for a category (could be lower/could be higher), you don't qualify. They already go me on this. But - if you see where they have upgrades, say 8a to 8h and you have a 8f, you can get the 8a rate if they all upgrade to the higher cabin. Hard to picture, but it works.

If I booked an Early Saver rate (Cove Balcony 7C) and find a Pack-n-Go rate for a balcony cheaper than what I paid, do I qualify for that cheaper rate?

Any help would be much appreciated.

WRT ES Price Matching for Guarantee Bookings (including Pack and Go) in your case if the ST Suite Guarantee fare drops below your Balcony Fare then you can give up your assigned Cabin, receive a Suite Guarantee "TBA"Cabin Assignment and get the difference in OBC and remain Early Saver. ken

Archived