Mount Roberts Tramway vs. Alyeska Tram Ride or Both

bluetiger9192

We have buy 1, get 1 free coupons from the Alaska Toursaver Book that can be used for the Mount Rounds Tramway and the Alyeska Tram Ride. Would doing both be repetitive or are they unique in terms of the scenery? If it both be repetitive, which would you recommend? Thanks.

Just don't book Mt. Roberts ahead of time - you want to wait to see what the weather is like on your day there. Even with BOGO coupons, no sense in riding up there if the weather is foggy and rainy and you have no views. It is lovely up there though, so I hope you get the opportunity to go. Really nice marked hiking trails, a little gift shop, restaurant, etc. We hiked for about 4 hours up there, and it was wonderful! Went up despite the misty fog in the morning, and by the time we were ready to come back down the sun shone its pretty face, so it wasn't a waste for us at all. Haven't been to Alyeska, so can't comment on it, but it looks spectacular as well. Go, enjoy! You will LOVE Alaska!

I think they would be unique both in scenery and what is at the top. I've only done Mount Roberts.

Pictures from that can be found on this page:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSpirit/Alaska/Juneau/page1.htm

i thought it was worthwhile, but it would depend on the weather conditions.

Thanks for the great pictures.Do you know what the tram and Glacier combo is.This is the first I have heard about that and we had planned on doing both

The Alyeska tram is on a ski mountain. Having spent time on that mountain with the long flat sticks on my feet, I can say that the view is incredible on a clear day as you can see the water of Turnagain Arm as well as sthe mountains.

That said, if the weather isn't perfect, it is no fun.

Thanks for the great pictures.Do you know what the tram and Glacier combo is.This is the first I have heard about that and we had planned on doing both

Not really sure, but there are glacier shuttle buses near the tramway. If you were going to do both, it does look like a cost savings. I imagine it just includes the bus there and back without any sort of a tour.l

Not really sure, but there are glacier shuttle buses near the tramway. If you were going to do both, it does look like a cost savings. I imagine it just includes the bus there and back without any sort of a tour.l

Thanks those are the two things we had planned on doing.We did Whale Watching on our prior cruise

I think they would be unique both in scenery and what is at the top. I've only done Mount Roberts.

Pictures from that can be found on this page:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSpirit/Alaska/Juneau/page1.htm

i thought it was worthwhile, but it would depend on the weather conditions.

We just viewed your photos and they are the best that I have seen!!!! Fantastic. We will be cruising on the Diamond the week of May 15th and hope to ride the tram. Thanks for sharing them.

We have buy 1, get 1 free coupons from the Alaska Toursaver Book that can be used for the Mount Rounds Tramway and the Alyeska Tram Ride. Would doing both be repetitive or are they unique in terms of the scenery? If it both be repetitive, which would you recommend? Thanks.

What cruise are you on?We are on the 14 Night Round Trip Seattle cruise on HAL .We are planning on doing both as well. We booked a tour that includes Portage Glacier and Alyeska as those were on my Bucket list.

Archived