Mariner of the Seas May 16th roll call

Aldo Ray

Hi everybody!

My travel companion and I are hoping for a great group to gather for FOD's. I just got off The Splendour of the Seas and we had a nice

group. We plan on going to Los Muertos beach in Puerto Vallarta but at present have no plans for Mazatlan or Cabo. Does anybody have any ideas? We will see you on board.

Enrique;)

Scott

I see you took a Costa cruise. How did it compare to the other cruise lines you have taken? I remember years ago people would say that there was much more smoking but I am sure that has changed by now. I am sure in the future smokers will need to don a divers helmet.

Scooter Bob;)

Pax were primarily European, so yes smoking rates were quite a bit higher. As well, the non-smoking areas weren't very well delineated, so it seemed as if pax were smoking everywhere. I'm a non smoker (but not rabidly so -- both my parents smoked growing up so I have a built in tolerance I suppose) and I wasn't too bothered, except maybe walking through the port side of the main lounge.

For me Costa was a lot like my one Carnival cruise -- mass market, except much more international. Pax were primarily European with equal numbers of Aussies and Canadians / Americans. Everything in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese and Russian. Food was okay, pasta excellent. We picked it primarily for the itinerary (SE Asia) -- plus it was last minute and dirt cheap. Would I choose Costa over HAL -- uh no -- but if the price and itinerary were right, I wouldn't hesitate in booking them again.

Scott.

Hello all

If you are interested in the FOD or GLBT gatherings remember Royal Caribbean does not print them in the daily news paper. It will be listed on the message board next to the pursers desk. We hope to see you aboard!

Aldo;)

• 2 weeks later...

Scott

Thanks for the info on Costa. I took a Brazilian cruise on Splendour of the Seas and there were just a handful of English speakers. It was surely different. Then I took the same ship to Barcelona and many Americans joined for that cruise. I enjoyed the blending of so many nationalities and met many friendly guys. So from what you have said I guess I would consider a Costa cruise especially if the price was right.

Paul

Thanks for the info on Stone Island in Mazatlan. I think we will go there on our own and save a few bucks by not taking the tour.

Aldo

alias Scooter Bob

Archived