Question about Checking in Bags at Port (after cruise)

Hi There....

Looks like the best flight time we can get back home after our cruise isn't until 5pm. Since we will have some time to hang out somewhere for a few hours, I was wondering how I can find out which airlines do the curb check in at the Port? We will either be flying Jet Blue or Virgin home.

Thanks in advance.

Have you thought about the blue ribbon service the ship offers. When you put the bags out at night on the last night of the cruise I think for $20 they will take your bags directly to the airport and you will not see them until you get home.

dva48, I think that's what tezbear was asking about -- what is that "blue ribbon" service called, is it offered on Oasis, and if so, which airlines are included? Is there somewhere to look up this info?

Our flight home after our Oasis cruise is after 6pm -- sure would be great to not schlepp our bags around all day!

the info is listed on their website under faq's (luggage)- here is the paste:

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page

s.gifA: The Luggage Valet program can only be purchased onboard the ship. Guests will receive a letter in their staterooms explaining the details of the program. The information can also be requested from the Guest Relations Desk. s.gif

Luggage valet service is not available on all airlines. I do not believe Virgin or Jet Blue participate. If you're thinking about using it (great service, BTW), and haven't booked your flight yet, call RCI Customer Service and ask which airlines are participating. That information is available onboard, but it's on the sheet you turn in to reserve it, so I didn't bring it home.

Thanks for all your replies...I actually called RCCL this morning and the service is called "valet luggage". They do offer this service for any airlines it seems. However, there is a 20.00 charge per person (not per bag) and if your airline also charges for your bags, they will take that fee at that time too. You can also inquire w/ Guest Svcs once on the ship to be sure you know what to do in advance. There is a little info on this at the site too...under FAQ's or do a search for "valet luggage."

Archived