Pinel Island Review

teamkern

I thought I would post a review of our time on St. Marteen and our trip over to Pinal Island. We were in port the same date as 6 other ships, so things were busy, although Pinel was not overcrowded the day we visited.

We arrived at the Cul de sac around 9:30, and they did not take groups over on the ferry until 10:00, and with the boat full. My son and I, he is 9, rented a Kayak and we paddled over. Cost was $40, and it took us about 10-15 minutes to get over to Pinel. We were there at least 10 minutes before the ferry arrived so we were able to have first choice of our spot on the beach. Having the kayak allowed us to explore the other little island near by as well as paddle around whenever we wanted.

The beach was very nice and water gorgeous. Very shallow for a long way out into the water, so our two kids enjoyed playing and messing around in the water. There is a snorkeling area to one side of the beach, the snorkeling is just OK. I have included a picture of that below as well. We walked to the other side of the island and there was no one there at all.

Food was expensive, but they will serve you right there where you relax. We had arranged for our driver to pick us up at 1:30, and they were not there when we needed them. Due to the fact that there were so many boats in port, there was other drivers waiting to pick up their passengers, and we were able to get a ride with another group. We were worried for a while.

P3310022.jpg.e5f4846194351865ab5f4d2c351f3e2f.jpg

P3310026.jpg.e9db30872bfc069550f440e9caf05952.jpg

P3310023.jpg.dc8e67dd60cf7bd9bff38619da971ff9.jpg

P3310047.jpg.65e0d1ab6c99e09bad46d4fbe777fa33.jpg

I thought I would post a review of our time on St. Marteen and our trip over to Pinal Island. We were in port the same date as 6 other ships, so things were busy, although Pinel was not overcrowded the day we visited.

We arrived at the Cul de sac around 9:30, and they did not take groups over on the ferry until 10:00, and with the boat full. My son and I, he is 9, rented a Kayak and we paddled over. Cost was $40, and it took us about 10-15 minutes to get over to Pinel. We were there at least 10 minutes before the ferry arrived so we were able to have first choice of our spot on the beach. Having the kayak allowed us to explore the other little island near by as well as paddle around whenever we wanted.

The beach was very nice and water gorgeous. Very shallow for a long way out into the water, so our two kids enjoyed playing and messing around in the water. There is a snorkeling area to one side of the beach, the snorkeling is just OK. I have included a picture of that below as well. We walked to the other side of the island and there was no one there at all.

Food was expensive, but they will serve you right there where you relax. We had arranged for our driver to pick us up at 1:30, and they were not there when we needed them. Due to the fact that there were so many boats in port, there was other drivers waiting to pick up their passengers, and we were able to get a ride with another group. We were worried for a while.

[ATTACH]152566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]152568[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]152567[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]152569[/ATTACH]

Pinel is worth the effort and a good choice especially with 6 ships in port. Since you left relatively early and others were still coming to enjoy the afternoon on the island your taxi not showing up really was just a little annoyance. If you would have stayed until 4 however it could have presented a real problem. Did you ask the person renting you the kayak if he could call you a taxi? This is always a worry of mine when you rely on others.

Archived