New Orleans Parking

Matt in FL

We haven't sailed out of New Orleans in 5 years. The last time we parked in a lot adjacent to the cruise ship. Can a recent cruiser advise on the parking situation. I understand there is parking garages now. Thanks

We haven't sailed out of New Orleans in 5 years. The last time we parked in a lot adjacent to the cruise ship. Can a recent cruiser advise on the parking situation. I understand there is parking garages now. Thanks

There is a parking garage right at the port.

$16/day I think, unless it has gone up.

Matt:

I sailed from NO a year & a half ago, and, yes, they have a parking garage adjacent to the cruise terminal. You pay to get in (there was an attendant at the entrance to help), and I believe the price has gone up to $18 a day. (You can google it or check the NO ports of call board.) There are porters in the parking areas to offload your checked bags, then you park & go directly into the terminal with any carry-ons. Pretty easy!

I'm driving again in September and will stay at the HI French Quarter, which has a cruise special for their parking. About $150 for the room & 8 nights of parking(!). I'll take a cab to & from the terminal.

Hope this helps!

Paul ;)

I am thinking we paid $15 a day in January....

very nice facility....you literally park right on top of where you check in...

so if it is raining.....you can go through the entire process (giving luggage, parking, checking in etc) without getting wet!!

I parked there six months ago for the first time and I LOVED it! I was able to back in a space on the 3rd floor, right across from the elevator, and go straight down to check in. I'd sail out of NO just because of the parking and check in process.

Archived