Gluten Free Order Form - help please

samnewbie

Hi there,

We have booked to sail on the Epic next summer and my husband has Coeliacs Disease.

We have informed NCL and they emailed my TA a 2 page list of Gluten Free Items.

It has product codes a description and specifications.

We can see there are cookies, bread, pasta etc but also lots of different spice blends?

Is it necessary to order spice blends? and what sort of amounts are we advised to order for things for a 7 night cruise? What is acceptable for bread orders for instance?

Any advice or guidance would be brilliant, never had to do this before so not sure what to do really :o

Many thanks in advance,

Sam:) and my husband Phil :)

My SIL is also plagued with this disease.

They are merely asking so that adequate inventory is aboard the ship for your sailing. My suggestion is to just request they have adequate rice bread and pasta products on hand, and as well as any snack selections that interest you. Most commonly used spices are gluten free.

The Chef will work with you and you'll have opportunity at minimum a day in advance each day to order your specially prepared meal(s).

I sailed on the NCL Pearl last month and I have celiac. I only let them know a couple of weeks before our cruise and did not get an order form.

The most important thing is to meet with the Maitre'd, view the menus the night before and pre-order the meals. They can prepare most of them gluten-free with enough notice. One item I did not get during the cruise is gluten free bread. Not a big fan, so no big deal. They made a chocolate cake for me one night which was nice. The specialty restaurants are very good at preparing these meals, but of course, there is an extra charge.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

My SIL is also plagued with this disease.

They are merely asking so that adequate inventory is aboard the ship for your sailing. My suggestion is to just request they have adequate rice bread and pasta products on hand, and as well as any snack selections that interest you. Most commonly used spices are gluten free.

The Chef will work with you and you'll have opportunity at minimum a day in advance each day to order your specially prepared meal(s).

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply :)

Yes we realise its so they have adequate stocks on board.

What we are not sure of is what sizes the bread packs etc come in as we are used to UK packaging where there will be just 4 or 5 bread rolls in a pack and sliced loaves here are very small .

The massive list of spices threw us as didnt think things like that would need to be ordered.

I think he will be placing a big cookie order though! He loves cookies! :)

Thanks again,

Sam :)

I sailed on the NCL Pearl last month and I have celiac. I only let them know a couple of weeks before our cruise and did not get an order form.

The most important thing is to meet with the Maitre'd, view the menus the night before and pre-order the meals. They can prepare most of them gluten-free with enough notice. One item I did not get during the cruise is gluten free bread. Not a big fan, so no big deal. They made a chocolate cake for me one night which was nice. The specialty restaurants are very good at preparing these meals, but of course, there is an extra charge.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Thanks for your reply :)

The chocolate cake sounds great! - Hoping they can make one for us as its also our anniversary on the cruise :)

Yes, my husband is going to have to get used to knowing what he will fancy a day in advance, i'm sure he will cope , especially if its good when it arrives! :)

Thanks again,

Sam :)

What we are not sure of is what sizes the bread packs etc come in as we are used to UK packaging where there will be just 4 or 5 bread rolls in a pack and sliced loaves here are very small .

Unfortunately I am at a disadvantage there, as we've never dealt with these order forms. They actually want to know how many packages? I agree with you Sam, that would be difficult to judge. Perhaps write in how many meals worth and allow them to translate?

I hope it all goes well for you. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived