Independence April 3-11

Just got back Sunday, I have to say this was one of the best.We had an owner suite,cabin was great,as was our cabin staff. Food was good, alway found something to eat in the Md ,Wj, Jr, Chops and Portafinos. Ship was absolutly beautiful and clean.Staff were always busy and pleasant.We had an absolutly wonderful time. Dh,Dd(14),nor I wanted to leave.I would recommend this ship to everyone.

Eileen

Our meet and mingle turned out well,(this was the only down side)The cruise director nor any other officers attended, which they did on other ships.Our cabin crawl was great, Iwould recomend this, you are able to check out other types of cabin.( I was able to tell my son about the family stateroom w/balcony) We also did a gift exchange,which also turned out nice.(Hope to bump into our new friends on future cruises)

Also just got back from this cruise. Totally agree. Great ship and crew.. The slot-pull was a lot of fun, but we only made $3 each. :mad:

A breeze to on the ship at the beginning and just as easy to get off at the end.

The only issue was there was all the teens hanging out on the steps and elevators late at night.

Just got back Sunday, I have to say this was one of the best.We had an owner suite,cabin was great,as was our cabin staff. Food was good, alway found something to eat in the Md ,Wj, Jr, Chops and Portafinos. Ship was absolutly beautiful and clean.Staff were always busy and pleasant.We had an absolutly wonderful time. Dh,Dd(14),nor I wanted to leave.I would recommend this ship to everyone.

Eileen

Our meet and mingle turned out well,(this was the only down side)The cruise director nor any other officers attended, which they did on other ships.Our cabin crawl was great, Iwould recomend this, you are able to check out other types of cabin.( I was able to tell my son about the family stateroom w/balcony) We also did a gift exchange,which also turned out nice.(Hope to bump into our new friends on future cruises)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we also had a great time. I'm glad you mentioned the meet and mingle, we were a bit disappointed in the same thing. This was our first RCCL cruise so we didn't know if it was typical to have one of the cruise staff run it and not have any officers attend. On our cruises on other lines there has always been a nice turnout by senior staff and officers so we were a little surprised none showed up.

I'm sory it took so long to answer, we were in cabin 1320 (fantastic) and as I stated our cabin steward was great. Anything we ask for or needed he was on top of it. No, we did not eat in the room, we were given fresh fruit,and snacks a couple of days.(cheese & cracker and Choc. covered strawberies,and cookies)

This was the first time that no officer showed up for the meet & mingles that we attended, and we are diamond plus, so we have been to many.We did enjoy meeting all the people we had been communicating with, we had a really active roll call, one of the most active that I joined.

I'm now trying to get my dh to make up his mind for next year! This will be in March,since Easter is so late, even the Catholic school is planning a spring break instead of Easter week.

I am glad that you had a good cruise. It would have to be good in an Owner's Suite! ;)

I have been to quite a few M 'n' M's where no officer attended.

Eileen

Also just got back from this cruise. Totally agree. Great ship and crew.. The slot-pull was a lot of fun, but we only made $3 each. :mad:

A breeze to on the ship at the beginning and just as easy to get off at the end.

The only issue was there was all the teens hanging out on the steps and elevators late at night.

$3?? Sounds good to me. I have done many where the outcome was ZERO.

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

I agree with you..... it was actually my first RCI cruise, but we all LOVED it and hope it'll be the first of many. As an aside, my DD and I won the Bingo raffle (7-night Caribbean cruise for two) but whether we'll be able to take it or not is very doubtful as the flights are too costly and there are far too many date restrictions:(.

Sorry I didn't get to say Hi at the M&M. Just as I was going round the group chatting to folk, everyone left for the cabin crawl which I unfortunately couldn't attend, at the last minute. So I didn't get to meet everyone.

Perhaps next Spring Break?;)

PS - Princesscuba, I live in Reading too... small world.

Archived