Just back from Legend Mexican Riviera, any Questions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by driftychick:

We were on board the ship at 12:30 and others were on board before us!

"The only GOOD reason to work is to PAY FOR THE NEXT CRUISE!"

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;07;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Then we sail on the Serenade to HAWAII! ALOHA!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are booked for the Legend for the

Panama Canal, leaving San Diego December

12th. Thanks for posting your review

and answering questions. We are interested

in any reviews, information, etc, on this ship.

We live on Maui, so if you have any questions

feel free to contact us. Looks like you

will be spending nearly 2 days here

in October.

rds [at] swansongrp [dot] com

Dec '04 Legend of the Seas, Panama Canal

June & Dec '03 Norwegian Star

June '00 Columbia / Matanuska

Mar '97 Star Clipper

Oct '81 Azure Seas

Thanks so much for your offer, I have never been to Hawaii before, my husband and the other 2 couples in our group have. I am very much looking forward to the trip!

I am not sure why you don't see too many reviews on the Legend, it is a beautifull ship, a bit on the older side bust still in god shape and very classy. The crew, all of it, from the dishwasher on up to the Captain are very, very nice and go out of their way to make your vacation pleasant.

We did the Panama Calan cruise last October, 15 days on the Radiance of the Seas. 3 stops in Mexico, Alcapulco, Cabo San Lucas and Hutalco (spelling?). Then on to Costa Rica where we did the Zip line tour in Mahogany Park with The Original Canopy Tour Group! It was the best, lots of fun. Then thru the Canal, takes all day with a stop at Cristobal Pier in the evening to see the local Indians, yes they have a lot of tatoos and wear very little clothing! Then on to Aruba and Grand Cayman (make sure to swim with the Sting Rays, it's an adventure not to be missed!) before ending in Ft. Lauderdale.

Have a great trip and I may take you up on your offer of more info on Maui!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;07;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Then we sail on the Serenade to HAWAII! ALOHA!

Thanks so much for the replies. I won't waste my time looking for the fireworks.

One more question, How much is it to get either a facial or full body massage? Did you see any specials for the days you were in Cabo, Mazatlan, or PV?

skipitrip.gif

Legend of the Seas 07/4/2004 Mexican Riviera

Past Cruises;

Voyager of the Seas 08/2003

Granduer of the Seas 04/2003

Rapsody of the Seas 05/1998

Viking Seranade 08/1994

How is the room service food and the food in general? Can you order items (room service) from the dining room on certain nights?

Also my daughter is dying to know: is there any icecream? icon_biggrin.gif

JULY 4TH LEGEND OF THE SEAS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Always Ice Cream in the dinind room, however, soft serve is only available at Tea Time in the Windjammer! 2 to 4 in the afternoon. This is a new policy and as far as I am concerned it sucks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;07;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We did not use Room Service, however I did see food being delivered and I do know that Lobster was delivered to the room next to ours on Formal Night!

I have posted a few pictures from the Legend of the Seas Mexican Riviera on Web Shots, more to come....Go to Web Shots Community, user is Driftychick

Thanks for posting the review. Legend was the first ship we sailed on and will always hold a special place with us. We loved the windows in the dining room. I'm very glad to hear that she remains in great shape.

Future cruises

Explorer OTS - Easter Caribbean 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Brilliance OTS - Mediteranian 10/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;10;15;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Past cruises

Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03

Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Never regret growing old. Many are denied the privilege

Just found this board... we're sailing 6/27/04 on Legend to Mexico and we're excited! Any feedback on these questions would be much appreciated.

Which are the best beaches to go to in Cabo, PV and Mazatlan?

Are we better off getting our own taxi to the beach or are the ship's beach excursions a better way to go?

On formal nights, what percent of the men are in tuxes vs. dark suits? How about the semi formal/sport casual night - is jacket but no tie ok?

Mismaloa Beach is said to be the best in this portion of Mexico, get a Taxi they do not stop here long enough on the excursions. When on board talk to Katrina or Franco from the Cruise Staff and they will point you in the right direction.

We had early seating dinner and I would say about half of the seating went formal with at least a shirt and tie, we did not see a lot of Tux's. It was very hot and humid and the men in our party opted not to go formal, one wore a dark jacket and "fancy" t-shirt the other a fancy Hawiian SHirt. The ladies wore dresses but not of the cocktail type.

I know I may get flamed for this, but, as long as you are clean and have a great attitude I don't think it matters what you wear on ANY night as long as it is not shorts in the evening in the dining room. Also, you can always order room service or eat in the Windjammer. They never turned anyone away from the dining room because they were not in formal dress.

Enjoy your cruise, this is a lovely ship with a great staff and crew!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;07;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

We are on the 7/18 sailing. We have sailed previously on Splendour and I have the impression that Legend is quite similar. We have two teens 19 and 16. We would like to know the best thing to do in Cabo. There do not appear to be many excursions there. We also have early dining - was it at 6 or 6:30? Did you spend any time in San Diego beforehand? We are also doing Hawaii in Feb. but on NCL's Pride of Aloha. Did you hear any comments on the Pirate excursison in PV? We are considering that. We have reservations for Randi's Horses on Mazatlan. Glad to hear that the food seemed good. I was getting worried with all the postings. We were on Navigator last summer in Carr. and it wasn't very good. While Nav was a great ship, I think food suffers with that many people.

Driftychick, thanks for the recommendation for Mismaloa Beach. Which town is that in? Any beach recommendations for the other ports of call? What about any of the ship's beach excursions - did you go on any? or did you hear if they were worth it?

Any suggestions for restaurants in port?

Thanks again.

June 27th 2004 Legend of the Seas

Driftychick,
Thanks for all the good info. My question is, what was the temperature like in the dining room? In cruises I've been on in the past, the dining rooms have tended to be on the cold side, and I was wondering if that was true with Legend of the Seas. When you mentioned that it was hot and humid, did you mean in the outdoor portions of the ship?
Thanks for any info.

Mismaloya Beach is in Puerto Vallarta. We did not go on any of the ships beach excursions and also did not hear any talk regarding them onboard. As I said, check with Latrina or Franco of the cruise staff, they will be able to direct you and are very accessable. As far as food on shore, in Puerta Vallarta there is a restaurant just off the ship before you get to the flea market. I believe it is called El Bucccaneer or something like that. The food was quite good and the beer was very cold! ALos, no hassle from any of the locals. You can see it from the ship. I will try to post a picture later on webshots and let you know. Hope this helps, you will love the ship and crew.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;07;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Early dinner was at 6:00PM. Not a lot to do in Cabo, shopping and perhaps beaches you can also take a boat cruise if you wish. Have you checked out the destination boards? Randi's horses are great, we saw her onshore this last trip with a bunch of happy people, everyone seems to be pleased when they return from her outings. I did hear that the Pirate Cruise is a fun time, there will be kids of course and some great beach stops however we did not go. We are from SOuthern California so just took the train from home and went right to the ship. If you like seafood there is a great restaurant within walking distance from the ship called Anthonys. Drop off your luggage and take a short walk for appitizers and a cool dring before you sail! Enjoy!

Both the ports and the outdoor portions of the ship were very hot and humid! It also gets quite windy onboard on the return from Mexico as well as very cool the last day and evening at sea. In the dining room, at least for early seating the temp was just right for me, neither too hot or too cold as I have noticed on some other ships. The only thing was the brightness from the large windows! The view is spectacular, especially at Sunset, prior to Sunset they will lower the shades as the sun is directly in your eyes! They will raise the shades just as the sun sinks into the ocean for a great view.

We will actually be in San Diego for several days. Staying at Manchester Grand Hyatt. Any suggestions for dining? I found a place on the web in Seaport Village that looked like it might be fun. I can't remember the name of it but it looked like it had surf boards on the front of the building.

Not sure about that but as I say Anthony's is a great place to eat! If you will send me your email address I will send you a copy of the "short form" compasses from the cruise as well as the new tipping guideline, if you like. [email]sherbin@pacbell.net[/email]. Make sure you put Cruise Critic in the subject line.

mthayer295 - if you like to shop, Seaport Village is a great place to go, especially if you have the time. Great little area filled with ALL sorts of shops. I was there about 5 years ago, I loved it. I am hoping we drive into town soon enough to get DH over there! Great food too. Here is the website link:

[url="http://www.spvillage.com/"]http://www.spvillage.com/[/url]

Enjoy!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Legend of the Seas 06/13/04

<font color=purple>Viking Serenade 6/1992

</font>
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=885107111"]Roll Call Legend of the Seas 06/13/04 Click Here![/url]

Archived