Switching Cabins

Swimware27

A group of us are booked on the 4/26/10 Elation sailing out of San Diego. One of our guests is staying in a single room. When our TA booked it, she put my DW in the single and the single in my room so that we could get the past guest rate on both cabins. She said we could switch the booking at check-in. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a relatively painless process. Both cabin's S&S cards are linked to my credit card. Thanks.

yeah, just go to the guest services desk and ask for them to switch rooms, and give you new sign and sail cards...

it's best to do it ONBOARD, and not during checkin prior to boarding, or online/phone beforehand, because they WILL make adjustments (like stripping past guest from the second room) if you change these things in advance...

the guests from both rooms should be present when you request this.

it's no biggy, people do it all the time :D

Hi we had to do this in September on the Legend. We had 2 adults 5 kids. We wanted 2 adults 2 kids in one room the rest in the other. Since we booked with one adult in each room I had to have access to the other cabin. They ended up issuing us several entry only cards so we could access each others rooms. I had 2 cards to carry around one with my sign and sail the other just for room access. It worked out fine. They wouldn't switch the sign and sail cards between the rooms tho. Definitely don't bother talking to the folks before you get on the ship they will tell you it can't be done. It caused me a bit of stress as we were boarding..I was relieved when I got on board and found that there was a solution that would work.

Sorry...I don't remember how we tagged the luggage as our rooms were side by side so it didn't really matter.

Have a great time!

Archived