Cozumel with a Toddler?

workingmom

We're coming in on the Imagination on 2/12 - what should we do w/ our 17 m/o? Can we walk most places? Should we book a tour? We are not bringing a car seat. I had no idea we could rent a car - I suppose if we did we could borrow a car seat from the rental company.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Also - this is our first cruise - do the tenders go back and forth to the boat all day?

tia

Don't count on "borrowing" a car seat from the rental company. Remember, it is Mexico and things are not the same as they are in the states. I would check ahead to see if they have them. Unfortunately, car seats are not widely used in Cozumel.

....is grand for toddlers. No waves at all and a little sand beach there. Also quite beautiful. If your ship gets in early enough to arrive at the park by 10 AM -- earlier would be better for baby sunburn concerns -- that's where I'd head with a little guy.

Car seats aren't happening but the ride is short and you'll just have to take a chance. Town is fun with little guys. Push doll-baby around the plaza where there's plenty of shade and people watching. You'll both have fun.

Also - this is our first cruise - do the tenders go back and forth to the boat all day?

tia

Looks like only 4 ships in port that day. No tenders to worry about. They'll park the ship at a dock. Just walk off the ship and walk back on.

You won't tender in Key West, either.

Archived