best category to choose?? - early saver

Dgoodname

Never tried the early saver before. Is there a category that is better to pick for your initial booking? One that the fare is more likely to drop? Looking more for fare drops and OBC, than upgrades.

thanks

What I would book depends on the class of ship. Since you dont say which ship, Id say I generally go with the cheapest I'd be happy with. A PT on Fantasy class or a 1A on a Conquest class.

Remember you can always upgrade, no fee, but you can never downgrade. If you are in a 8D and a 6C has a super super rate, you cant downgrade.

I book what Id like, say a PT because its the best deal, but since its a great deal its going to sell out so Im unlikely to get a price drop. If you want price drops book the least favorite cabins. (less favorite less likely to sell out?) .. but who would book the worst deal on purpose to get more likely price drops?? Defeats the purpose of early booking.

Do you want Interior / Oceanview / Balcony / Suite? Pick one and enjoy.

I'm not one to do the guarantee - don't want to get stuck with a cabin that nobody else wants.

OP said he is doing Early Saver ... no guarantees, can only pick a cabin.

lol I cant spell, my fingers always type wrong words.. but my computer got fixed today, so its working FINE and Im enjoying surfing for the first time in months.

Nothing more frustrating than a sick computer!

So you'll be able to type away about the Carnival Magic coming to Galveston!:D

I'm a solo traveller, so with the single supplement, I"m always looking for a cheap rate. I'm eyeing the Freedom 8 day in October. I'm not picky about the location of my room. Don't spend much time there, anyway. Have done 1A guarantee in the past, and always gotten an upgrade. This particular date, can't find a 1A rate.

Archived