Wind Surf 9/18 -- I'm so excited!!

DD

We just booked the Wind Surf Barcelona to Rome today. It's going to be a 15th anniversary trip and I am thrilled about it! The smallest ship that we've cruised on so far was the Tahitian Princess (688 pax) and we absolutely loved the intimate feel of that -- this is going to be a real treat!! I'm hoping this will be the 1st of many Windstar cruises.

Booking the cruise was the easy part. Now comes the hard part -- deciding on pre/post cruise options. We're thinking 2 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise and maybe a week in Italy post-cruise. Reading some of the posts about being offered a 2nd week onboard for a steal makes me think that we should leave all our options open. We're doing our own air as the air through Windstar was too high: $1200+ as opposed to $750 doing it on our own.

Does anyone have familiarity with the port of Civitavecchia? I understand it to be about an hour outside of Rome. We've been to Rome several times and are not really interested in returning there at the end of the cruise. We're instead thinking of traveling south to Sorrento or Capri. I'm wondering if that is an option directly from the port area or if you must go back into Rome first.

Anyway, I'm not new to cruisecritic but I am new to the Windstar board. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussion!

Edited to add: I haven't been on the cruisecritic boards since they became the "new" boards. I see that I lost my entire post count so I do look like an interloper.

Archived