Deck 1 forward/aft room??

Beachgal528

Hi- this is our first cruise and we went as cheap as possible with an inside guarantee. We have been assigned room 1219 on deck 1 forward/aft. an anyone give me information on the location of this room- feeling mvmt of boat, noise, etc? Thanks!!!

Sorry I cant give you specific info on that particular stateroom. I have heard some say that forward you will feel more motion. I have been in forward rooms on three cruises, and felt some motion, but nothing that felt uncomfortable. In fact on two of those cruises, there was a gentle rocking at night while at sea, and I really liked it, and slept like a baby. I wish you an enjoyable cruise!:)

I'd say that being on deck 1 may negate the 'more motion' you get at the front if you were on say like decks 6 and up. We've been in that area on a different ship and our only complaint was that the room was directly under the stage in the main theater so you got a lot of noise not only during showtimes but during the day when the dancers were practicing.

thanks! yeah I looked at the layout I'm just not familiar with any of the layouts because i've never cruised! Im learning that the aft area is going to have more motion... i think i might call my TA to see about an upgrade to at least ocean view to offset not being able to see out and motion.

thanks! yeah I looked at the layout I'm just not familiar with any of the layouts because i've never cruised! Im learning that the aft area is going to have more motion... i think i might call my TA to see about an upgrade to at least ocean view to offset not being able to see out and motion.

You are mistaken about the motion. If the ship is rocking for and aft, you will have more motion in your area than almost anywhere else on the ship. If motion is a concern upgrade to a midship cabin.

You are mistaken about the motion. If the ship is rocking for and aft, you will have more motion in your area than almost anywhere else on the ship. If motion is a concern upgrade to a midship cabin.

what part am i mistaken on? I said I currently have an aft room and am thinking about trying to change to offset that motion... which would mean, changing to an inside room. Thank you for the input?

Archived