Topless Sunbathing???

Picture this....Beautiful November day last year. Im on a cruise to the Caribbean on Radiance. Its now sailaway time. My cousin and me go to the top deck to wave farewell to FLL. we wave and wave and wave till our arms were tired. Across from us was a much smaller poss European type cruise ship. And there I see a nice couple in their luxurious robes on their balcony. They wave and wave and get ours and others around us' attention. We wave, I point to them and realize hes pointing back.......without his finger :D I make sure my cousin is still aware of the couple so he looks....by now they are both flashing like a flasher in a trench coat. The whole deck on that side of the ship was cracking up. Some people were a little p'o'ed but oh well the rest of us enjoyed it

On one of our last two Celebrity cruises I was curious about where some steps led on maybe deck 11 or 12. I went up and found a topless sunning area. This was on either the Constellation in the Baltics or the Horizon in Bermuda. The trips were less than two months apart, so I'm not sure which it was. I casually sauntered across the area to go down the other side. During that time, people gave me over a hundred dollars if I would agree not to go topless.:rolleyes: When I got back down to the previous deck, I did notice a small sign saying "Adults Only".

My wife and I spent a week at St. Barths two years ago, and being a French island, toplessness and nudity were very common on all the beaches and even at the resort pools. By about the second or third day, though, it's become a ho-hum affair and, if anything, you wish selected people would put their clothes back on. We also used to go to Key West almost every year for a week and there was also topless sunbathing there. One year, at Key West's "Fantasy Fest", which is their version of Mardi Gras and takes place at Halloween, there was no part of the human anatomy, male or female, shaved or unshaved, that we did not see on the street.:eek: That was definitely an eye-opener.

It's all relative. Just try to have an open mind and realize that different cultures view many things entirely differently from how we perceive them. Live and let live, and try not to get bent out of shape by diversity.

Allen

Archived