Urgent! Costa Atlantica Boarding Question (Quebec)

pittisit

Good evening!

I have an urgent question. We are trying to book our flight for the Atlantica after a last minute deal and travel change.

Does anyone know if we will be allowed to board in Quebec on Sunday even though boarding is officially Saturday?! This is very important to know as we can save $600 on flights if we can get on the ship Sunday afternoon before we disembark at 5pm!

Please help - thank you

It looks like no one else is willing to take this one on. First, you need to contact Costa to see if they will allow it. They probably will, but you better check first.

However, it sounds like you are planning to fly in the afternoon of the cruise. Most everyone here would strongly recommend against that. The $600 you save may well be spent trying to catch up with the ship. Flight delays and cancellations are just too common. Unless you can get a nonstop flight that is scheduled to arrive before noon, don't do it.

Hello.

Enjoy your Atlantica cruise. IMO; I would pay the 600 and come a day earlier. You got a super good deal on the cruise (i see insides going for 399), don't ruin a good vacation by not allowing enough travel time to the port. I am sure you will have to connect in the mid-east, or Canada to Quebec city, so delays are possible.

You may be able to get in on Saturday on a flight to Montreal. You'll spend some time (over 2.5 hours) gettings from the airport to the ship and the bus trip will be more expensive than a cab, but it might be your best bet.

Thanks everyone for your quick replys. Actually we got the Verandah room for the inside rate $399 and we're thrilled.

We actually found really cheap flights ($100 O/W) tomorrow (Thurs) to Montreal and then we're taking the train to Quebec City Saturday morning arriving at boarding time!

woo hoo! thanks again

Archived